New "Town" Attraction

Ms411

Hey Ms411 have you been over to St. John recently? I was just wondering how the island was doing. The Caneel Bay legal debacle is coming to an end.

The National Park Service is going to end up with the property and they should. 

If someone cleaned all that up down in there that property would be a beach party dream. Thats premium it's just low down in there. Im not sure I would build another resort down there. Thanks 

Edited by TTEllis

I was on St John twice in June. Once for a carnival event, and to check out Lovango Resort. It was so hot over there. I also was on a day sail that took us to Honeymoon Beach on both St John and Water Island. Didn't take any pictures.

You should go to Windmill Bar on St John if you get a chance. Google it until I find my pictures.😊

Windmill Bar gotcha thank you!!

I always go upstairs and sit on the top deck of the ferry on the way back to Redhook from Cruz Bay it's so hot up there the sun is something different.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it. 

I won't forget you, promise!🤜🤛

The Windmill Bar, that place is AWESOME!! Views are off the chain. How come I didn't know anything about this bar before? Menu looks yummy. 

It says it's located in Cruz Bay, I've never seen that bar before. 

Can you walk to it when you get off the ferry?

I could spend my whole day on St. Thomas at that bar. I can do that. Thanks for your help. 

That's the best seat in the house. 

You have to take a taxi from Cruz Bay but it's not too far. Don't know what taxi fare is, and it's always nice and breezy at the Windmill Bar.

On St Thomas there's a place where you can walk into the shallow water from the bar/restaurant and there are usually tarpon swimming around. I haven't been since new owner so maybe I should go soon.🤔

• 1 month later...

Holy Chit, that's the longest 1.5 miles you'll ever walk in your life, from either port!!

Smoking Hot, Dodging Cars, flip flops and backpack on. 

Bring that soft sided cooler we were talking about, a 6 pack of Stella and it's still gonna be a *****.

They walk it though. We've all seen it, in this case I'm old, decrepit and handicapped.😁😂😁

I posted the photo to Google Maps to hopefully make it easier for people to find. Most of the photos there are old, and aren't a good reflection of its current state. But, Google Maps doesn't have a St Thomas option, but instead use Charlotte Amalie.