Jet Lag 😟

Scoup

We will fly into Rome pre cruise. Is one night hotel stay enough or should we do two?  We have been to Rome before, but there is always something more to do! Our first port on our cruise is Naples and we are planning an action packed day in Capri that starts early on day 1 of the cruise. Thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, Scoup said:

We will fly into Rome pre cruise. Is one night hotel stay enough or should we do two?  We have been to Rome before, but there is always something more to do! Our first port on our cruise is Naples and we are planning an action packed day in Capri that starts early on day 1 of the cruise. Thoughts? 

If your schedule and pocketbook allow it, I would do two pre-cruise.  When I went to Barcelona, we arrived around 9 am (too early to check in to hotel but was able to drop off luggage). Walked around, went back to check in, back out to walk around some more, had dinner and was in bed by 8pm.  Got a good nights sleep and then was ready for the next day - but I was really tired that day.  We took a tour on Day 2 and then cruise started on Day 3.  

The tip I got, and it worked for me, was not to sleep on Day 1. Stay up as long as you can.  Your body will adjust that first night.  Now coming home was a different question....I kept getting up at 4 am for like 3 weeks.   Have a great time! 

1 hour ago, Scoup said:

This is sort like asking doe people get seasick and how much.

It really depends on the individual as well as other outside factors (like drinking too much alcohol on the flight  not being hydrated).

Your mileage will vary.  Direction of flight can matter.

I know that I never seem to have difficulty going from California to Europe as far as Jet Lag is concerned but returning back west takes me a few days to adjust.  My wife needs at least a night in Europe and a good night's sleep to feel somewhat normal.

We tend to always go to Europe well ahead of a cruise - partly to see the sights and partly to make sure we are feeling great.   We did a cruise out of Rome last year and spent 5 nights 4 days enjoying and exploring Rome.  It was well worthwhile!  If you have the time, I'd highly recommend spending some day in this wonderful city!

Edited by CCWineLover

Thanks to all!! We have decided to stay two nights in Rome. The third night will be on the cruise ship. The following day begins early with a full day at the Amalfi Coast. I just want to feel “normal” for this excursion….