Celebrity to home port Equinox in Port Canaveral

orville99

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I was looking at that as well, at least you get Blu !

Correct, and the Wife and I utilize the drinks package...having the room service charge is just gravy for us.

I have priced it out at times vs a Veranda will All Included and Aqua has come out to be about the same, even less at times.  We have a 10 day booked in the Med next September on Equinox, this was the exact case on that cruise.  

13 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I saw that the 1/4/25 sailing is available to book... just the one date. Not thinking that $12k for a Celebrity Suite does it for me... nor does $14k for refundable... 😞 

Tom

Just booked this sailing in a Premium Concierge Class for the two of us All Inclusive + Insurance for $3,600. Going to call later today and see if I can use our Elite category upgrade to an Aqua class suite. We would lose track of each other in the Celebrity Suite😇

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just booked this sailing in a Premium Concierge Class for the two of us All Inclusive + Insurance for $3,600. Going to call later today and see if I can use our Elite category upgrade to an Aqua class suite. We would lose track of each other in the Celebrity Suite😇

I've never really explored the upgrade options associated with CC status, since we've booked suites in the past. What's the deal with Elite +? ... and any pointers would be appreciated !

Tom

14 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I saw that the 1/4/25 sailing is available to book... just the one date. Not thinking that $12k for a Celebrity Suite does it for me... nor does $14k for refundable... 😞 

Tom

4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Is the ship "sold out" yet????? Perhaps these are "fishing" rates.........see who will bite and then adjust???

All the cruise dates are now loaded and available for booking

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I've never really explored the upgrade options associated with CC status, since we've booked suites in the past. What's the deal with Elite +? ... and any pointers would be appreciated !

Tom

Not sure if this answers your question. 

Captain-Clubs-Benefits-Brochure-V8 (1).pdf

Edited by orville99

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So, what's considered a "one category upgrade"? I mean, could you go from the lowest Concierge cabin to the lowest AQ ... or would you only get to C2 from there (if that's the correct designation presently)?

Tom

If I understand it correctly, if you were in the lowest of the three Concierge class cabins, you could only  upgrade to the next Concierge tier. Since we are booked in the highest of the three concierge tiers, theoretically we should be able to upgrade to Aqua class, but I guess we will find out this afternoon when I call.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So, what's considered a "one category upgrade"? I mean, could you go from the lowest Concierge cabin to the lowest AQ ... or would you only get to C2 from there (if that's the correct designation presently)?

Tom

No. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

If I understand it correctly, if you were in the lowest of the three Concierge class cabins, you could only  upgrade to the next Concierge tier. Since we are booked in the highest of the three concierge tiers, theoretically we should be able to upgrade to Aqua class, but I guess we will find out this afternoon when I call.

Please let us know how that works out (and, what's your projected savings if it does?).

Tom

49 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Is that a C1? 

37 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Since we are booked in the highest of the three concierge tiers, theoretically we should be able to upgrade to Aqua class, but I guess we will find out this afternoon when I call.

You can only upgrade within the same super-category. CC to AQ is not allowable.  

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You can only upgrade within the same super-category. CC to AQ is not allowable.  

Good to know. We got such a good price on the C1 that I couldn't resist. Not worth an extra $800 to upgrade to Aqua.

17 minutes ago, doghog said:

Our experience with the CC one category upgrade is most of the time it's $20.00 per person We don't book suites. 

I have gotten as much as $50. They just give you the difference in price as the next category if it is eligible and you have to ask for it at time of booking. 

11 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have gotten as much as $50. They just give you the difference in price as the next category if it is eligible and you have to ask for it at time of booking. 

I just looked at our two future Celebrity invoices and both cruises are for $40.00 per person. Better than I remembered. 

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Our experience with the CC one category upgrade is most of the time it's $20.00 per person We don't book suites. 

We always book suites, and were surprised that Concierge for this sailing was quite a bit less than a GS for essentially the same itinerary on RCL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We always book suites, and were surprised that Concierge for this sailing was quite a bit less than a GS for essentially the same itinerary on RCL.

Are you comparing Celebrity Concierge Class cabins with Grand Suites on RCL ?

Tom

17 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Are you comparing Celebrity Concierge Class cabins with Grand Suites on RCL ?

Tom

No, probably more equivalent to a JS. We have a JS booked on Adventure with a similar itinerary for next February that also priced out at about the same price as an Aqua suite (about $800 more than the Concierge cabin we just booked).

The GS was about $1000 more than that for our April cruise (same itinerary).

Edited by orville99

Just now, orville99 said:

No, probably more equivalent to a JS. We have a JS booked on Adventure with a similar itinerary for next February that also priced out at about the same price as an Aqua suite (about $800 more than the Concierge cabin we just booked)

Aside from double points, what does going the JS route get you in return (cabin size/perks/etc) over a regular balcony?

Tom

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Aside from double points, what does going the JS route get you in return (cabin size/perks/etc) over a regular balcony?

Tom

Larger cabin, bath instead of a shower, better toiletries, larger balcony, robes. On Oasis or Quantum class ships, access to the suite restaurant for dinner

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We have a courtesy hold on a CS cabin for the 1/4 & 1/11/25 cruises. Decisions - decisions!!!!

We are on the 1/4 cruise. Would have done the 1/11 one as well, but we are already booked for a B2B on Adventure over superbowl week in February. 

Edited by orville99