Can you tell in advance of a late cruise booking if some excursions are already booked up?

Catlover54

Apologies if this has been covered before (my search did not yield an answer, but the CC search function is not like google).

If I am thinking of doing a cruise booking within a short time of sailing, is there a way to find out what excursions are already sold out?  I often do private excursions, but in same places (even non-expedition) it is still awkward to DIY, and whether or not I can get to certain places with a SS excursion may sway my decision about booking at all.

I do understand that sometimes wait lists clear (but I don't know where I will be on a waitlist -- am I 2nd in line, or 22nd?).

This is especially important since pax can now book excursions as soon as they pay deposit on a cruise. 

Thanks in advance. 

13 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

is there a way to find out what excursions are already sold out?

When we put a suite hold on a particular sailing, it appears in our my.silversea bookings with a "?" in the status column indicating we haven't yet booked it.  We are able to click on the activities tab to see the excursions and whether they are currently available, have a limited number of places left or are already waitlisted.  The sailing will remain in our my.silversea for a set number of days and if we decide not to book it, it will drop off.

• Thanks 1

Before we booked last Friday SS did a courtesy 48 hour hold. I was able to creat a SS account, log in and see the held cruise. I could also see all excursions and I could see if it was available, waitlisted or fully booked. One was already fully booked with the cruise over a year away. 

If there are enough people on the waitlist, an extra tour will often be arranged. For instance, three buses instead of two.  Each bus has staggered departures, or visit the sights in a different order.  Then there are the cancellations once on board, as some passengers reserve multiple tours until later, or even cancel just a day or two beforehand.

• Like 1