Finally convinced friends to come with...

Dev D

Hello fellow Seadreamers,

Looking for new tips... This March we will be embarking on our 4th journey and finally convinced another couple to join. My friend has never been out of the US and they are used to  "go go go". I am concerned that the stops in the BVI's (despite the active water opportunities) won't be enough - any thoughts on additional resources for fishing in BVI's. As I recall some took the Bike route to the beach on Anguilla. We are planning on a charter for snorkel/fish on Tortola/Beef Island wondering if others have additional suggestions ( some of the islands don't reveal much as they do not have independent tour operators).

Also, if we wanted to reach out with any requests in advance (knowing they may not be accommodated) do we just email the general email, ask our travel agent etc.

It's taken us a while to get into the Sea Dream way (ie requests) but want our friends to experience the wonders that we have 🙂

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Can't comment on "go go go" because we mostly like to "relax relax relax."  But I do have a comment about Anguilla.  This past winter we finally made it to the island and took SD's excursion to the beach, which was beautiful.  It was on the itinerary for two previous trips over the years, and each time we got there the seas were too rough to anchor and tender in.  The consolation prize was an extra day in St. Barts.  The advice I always give is don't book anything anywhere that you can't cancel without penalty.

• Like 3

I also think it's crazy to "go go go" i hope you dont feel compelled to do it all with them!.  I've done the bike ride to the beach in Anguilla and it made for a great day. Also the bike ride in Nevis (very hard ride) if that's on your itinerary.  You might want to post your itinerary to get more ideas. My husband is a fisherman but hasn't done it there because it was just under the category of "too hard". The email for that is sd2-concierge@seadream.com. (or sd1)

Sorry, but I don't think SD's Caribbean cruises are the place for "go go go"ers. (Especially the BVI's!).  Maybe plan on doing alot of SD led biking, walking, and snorkling tours. Your itinerary might help with others suggestions.

Personally, we do ONLY SD and ONLY the Caribbean (14 so far.).  We go for the beaches, the bars and the beauty. A sunset in Anguilla can take your breath away.        

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Jim, just walking from bow to stern on that monster ship is more exercise than I want to get on my vacation.

We have good friends back in Florida who are booked on Icon and love the RCL ships.  Otherwise they are mostly normal.....

If you are stopping in St John USVI there is some fabulous hiking trails - do not ride a bicycle on St John (USVI) regardless if there is a tour offered .. take it from someone who lives there it is beyond dangerous as we are not accustomed to looking out for bicycles and the locals and taxi drivers are pretty crazy when it comes to driving as we know the roads so well.

Thanks all for the input here is the specific trip details:

Embark St. Maarten 

Day 2 Long Bay, Beef Island (Thinking about catching the ferry to Virgin Gorda)

Day 3 Sandy Ground, Anguilla 

Day 3 Night St. Barth's

Day 4 St. Barth's (Have rental car reserved)

Day 5 Charlestown, Nevis

Day 6 Soper's Hole, Tortola (private charter snorkel tentatively booked) then Norman's

Day 7 Prickly Pear  (likely Beach Party)

I have started a countdown calendar and can't wait!