Denied Shareholder OBC

rickays

13 hours ago, rickays said:

Have just been denied shareholder OBC for a cruise commencing 2 October 2023 because my brokerage statement dated 30 June 2023 is 92 days from commencement of cruise. ...........  I am so angry!

14 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I am on the Royal from Honolulu on the 2nd of Oct and I too have had my application rejected.

With the exact same wording as you.

Princess Australia has definitely changed things for the shareholder's OBC and are really making it hard to get.   I've never had any trouble like this before.

I think several of you affected Aussies need to make some "thunder from down under" and contact PCL HQ in California (can you spring for an overseas phone call as well?) and ask them about this and why isn't the Australian division conducting things like the US - or as they did before?  IDK about this, but is Princess Australia that independent from the Mother Ship in USA? 

Hard to believe there isn't a workaround as the people in charge in Sydney ought to darn well know if the practice in your country is to only provide quarterly statements with no online access??? (Is this for real in 2023???).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sewgood said:

I am on the Royal from Honolulu on the 2nd of Oct and I too have had my application rejected.

With the exact same wording as you.

Hi Sowgood, same cruise as us.  Booked this 2 weeks ago so we could celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary onboard but have nothing but problems.  Couldn't even make payment as there was no way on my payment page to do it as the buttons were missing, spent hours on the phone to try get it sorted and then it showed that I could only make payment via direct bank payment not c/card or pay pal. Back on the phone again as I needed to pay via pay pal using my amex for the c/card insurance.  Finally get that sorted and now this problem.  Why are the making it so hard!

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Oh no @rickays Lynda & Ken!! Do you have a broker you can contact? If so can you get an interim monthly stmt?? You're going to need the OBC now and next April (that one is also right after end of quarter).

Yes, if this is not sorted we will also miss out for the April cruises too!   Might see if selling some of the shares (have more than the required 100) will trigger a statement that contains all the details required or if not, might have to resort to photoshop to add my name to a document I can download that only has account number.

7 minutes ago, rickays said:

Might see if selling some of the shares (have more than the required 100) will trigger a statement that contains all the details required

I put in an order today to buy some more shares to try to get a statement dated later than the 30th of June.

It will take two working days to clear, I'll let you know if that works to get a new statement with my name and address.

I agree with what was mentioned above. If you can, go to Brokerage’s web site, print out a statement from same day, with your name, etc. Black out sensitive info

and either email or snail mail. That should do it. All they require is a confirmation that you have 100 shares of CCL. 

8 hours ago, BobandLizM said:

UK, always refuses unless within 90 days.  I have tried multiple times to get shareholder credit but always refused. However it always comes through quickly when I apply within the timeline.

I just send a screenshot of Fidelity or Interactive Investor, they only once requested a clearer photo.

Not always! I’ve already had my OBC for a January cruise, and for my November TA I got it well outside the 90 days

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I put in an order today to buy some more shares to try to get a statement dated later than the 30th of June.

It will take two working days to clear, I'll let you know if that works to get a new statement with my name and address.

Just had a phone call from my Princess CHP after my complaints (phone & email).  He has personally added my SHOC and will take it further up the chain to try get this problem resolved for Australian customers.  Lets hope someone in management pays attention.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

If that works (I would think it would) then next time selling a share should also.

1 hour ago, rickays said:

Just had a phone call from my Princess CHP after my complaints (phone & email).  He has personally added my SHOC

Good work, sounds a lot easier than what I'm doing.👍

I'll let my Princess vacation planner know as well. 😊

18 hours ago, rickays said:

Yes this is the Australian rules also the first time they have not accepted brokerage statement that is out by a couple of weeks.

Having exactly the same problem! And for a cruise on Royal in October.

they are only issued every 3 months. I can use a screen print but that is also rejected because it doesn’t include my full name only my account number which must be blanked out

Yep!!!

if we email we don’t receive a reply

emailed them explaining that we only get statements every 3 months...............No reply???

We also have a cruise on HAL in March next year, OBC has been applied already! Go figure.

Also pointed out to Princess in Sydney they can check the share register and see im a shareholder, but as said No reply.

Have heard if you take your statement onboard, they will add the OBC at guest services, assuming if you have a 2nd October sailing that CommSec have issued it? think they are pretty prompt but its cutting it fine.......

I have also emailed Carnival in Australia as well, maybe that email address (shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com) and office are more understanding, only a couple of hours ago so no reply as yet.

37 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Having exactly the same problem! And for a cruise on Royal in October.

This is a problem that has just recently raised its ugly head.  Never had this in all our other cruises.  Makes me wonder if this is now being handled off shore and we only have a token office here in Australia.  I might try and check out their address when I'm next in Sydney and see if I can actually speak to a person.

Are you doing Honolulu to Sydney on 2 October?

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Hard to believe there isn't a workaround as the people in charge in Sydney ought to darn well know if the practice in your country is to only provide quarterly statements with no online access??? (Is this for real in 2023???).

Princess definitely applying the 90 day rule at the moment in Australia, but I think the broker in this case is a bit lacking. I bought shares when they hit rock bottom. In Australia, I used CMC and so easy to download an acceptable document online any day with required holding information. Definitely no waiting for a quarterly statement. Shows all details and holding in your Portfolio as at that day.  Always accepted by Princess.

Are you sure CommSec doesn't have an equivalent page you can screenshot. Or as someone else suggested, use your Portfolio Statement at today's date together with another page from the same online site that does show full member details and date.

4 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Princess definitely applying the 90 day rule at the moment in Australia, but I think the broker in this case is a bit lacking. I bought shares when they hit rock bottom. In Australia, I used CMC and so easy to download an acceptable document online any day with required holding information. Definitely no waiting for a quarterly statement. Shows all details and holding in your Portfolio as at that day.  Always accepted by Princess.

Are you sure CommSec doesn't have an equivalent page you can screenshot. Or as someone else suggested, use your Portfolio Statement at today's date together with another page from the same online site that does show full member details and date.

Can download a page from Comsec that has our holdings, but it doesn't show full name (as required, and rejected) only account number, so unless I doctor it in photoshop it is not acceptable.  I prefer to find a solution that is probably a little more legal, BUT will resort to that if Princess continues with these rules that are different to rules for USA.

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, this is for real.  I think it relates to us buying international shares that our brokers here need to work through a USA agent to get the shares for us.  I haven't found any way that I could purchase them direct without this extra step.  Was never an issue before, this is something that has just started happening with Princess.

• Thanks 1

We have never had an issue for lead time.  In fact, in July we requested shareholder credit for a Dec cruise and it was quickly processed and added to our account.

As to current statements, like others. We simply login to our account and printout a current statement.  If you only work directly with a broker (and have no online access), simple demand that your broker earn their commission by providing the needed statement at the time you require.

Hank