Rotterdam Interior Cabin Advice

artvlay

IMO there is no such thing as a large interior on any of the Pinnacle class ships.  There are four larger category I interiors on deck 1 (1111, 1115, 1124 and 1128) but the extra space in them is pretty useless as it is mostly in the entry.  If you had a scooter it would be suitable for parking it. 

None of the interiors have a functional sitting area other than the bed.  No sofa, no table.  They do have a dressing table with a cube to sit on, but that is all you get.  Ironically, some of the J's have a couch in them but it's really for sleeping as third guest bed and not suitable for sitting as it is slipped alongside the bed with the TV hung above it.  So it makes watching TV from either the bed or the couch difficult and awkward.  Nothing like the large interiors on the smaller ships which have a wrap around corner couch or separate seating areas.  

In short, the interior cabins are all pretty small.  Just a few feet bigger than the bed.  Don't believe the claim of some being "larger" - if they are it isn't that much of a difference.

• Like 1

My cabin(s) on Rotterdam this past spring (I had to move next door when I added 10 nights onto the 150th TA) had a full sofa.

These were 6112 and 6127.

Cabin was big enough for me, as a solo.  The more space I have, the more I end up having my crap spread around the cabin.

The main issue for me was just the layout.  You enter and you're facing the foot of the bed.  The sofa is against one wall, the closet against the other along with the bathroom.  The vanity across from the foot of the bed.

If you have plans to watch a lot of tv, it's very uncomfortable because the tv is at a right angle to the headboard.  I preferred 6112 (have booked it again) because i sleep on the left side of the bed and the bathroom is on that side.  Plus, sitting in bed "trying" to watch a little tv (I don't do much of that) was a little more comfortable because there was more distance between where I was and the TV.  Pictures are of 6112.

Cabin really can't compare to the large interiors on Vista and Signature ships.  I absolute LOVE those.  Just need to be careful of location on those.  I'd be very unhappy under the BB Kings Lounge.

20230403_182201.jpg

20230403_182235.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCTribefan shows photos of the cabin I mentioned above that has a useless couch in it (useless other than for sleeping a third passenger).  You cannot sit on it and watch TV or eat room service (no table) and there's maybe two feet of space between it and the side of the bed.  Plus, with the TV located at 90 degrees to the bed it's less than ideal to watch from there too.  The standard interiors all have the TV on the wall opposite the bed so you can at least lay in it and watch without turning your head.  So that's what you get with the largest interior on the Pinnacle class - a poor layout with a useless couch.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed my inside cabin on the Rotterdam, a category L - Interior (6182) mid-aft on Mozart Deck.  It was small but cozy and perfect for me as a solo traveler. The efficient design included plenty of storage space.  My favorite feature was the shower!

IMG_1910.jpeg

IMG_1889.jpeg

IMG_1893.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Real NHDOC said:

NCTribefan shows photos of the cabin I mentioned above that has a useless couch in it (useless other than for sleeping a third passenger).  You cannot sit on it and watch TV or eat room service (no table) and there's maybe two feet of space between it and the side of the bed.  Plus, with the TV located at 90 degrees to the bed it's less than ideal to watch from there too.  The standard interiors all have the TV on the wall opposite the bed so you can at least lay in it and watch without turning your head.  So that's what you get with the largest interior on the Pinnacle class - a poor layout with a useless couch.

So when selecting an interior cabin on the Rotterdam what categories have the television in front of the bed? You mention "standard", what are these "letter" names?

Thank t

I may change to a "regular" interior.  The "I" cabins (the square midship ones) look larger, and maybe the accessible ones are, but that space is not well-planned, as noted with the sofa & tv locations.

I'll do some looking at cruisedeckplans dot com for more photos.  I have CO so should be able to pick any available interior.  Cat "I" should be the top of that category, and the midship location is great.  Plus, there's virtually no foot traffic in that little center hallway, so it's very quiet.

I wonder what all that "white space" is on this class ships in the area between the midship and aft elevators.  There are only a handful of "J" cabins and only on some decks.  I always want a cabin that has other cabins on the decks above and below.

Time to do a little more research.  I did really like 6112 but I'm going to consider changing.  Going to go see what's still available for the October 2024 TA.

8 hours ago, artvlay said:

So when selecting an interior cabin on the Rotterdam what categories have the television in front of the bed? You mention "standard", what are these "letter" names?

Thank t

AFAIK the only interiors that don't have the TV opposite the bed are the midship "I" category cabins on decks 4-8 which are designated as having the couches in them. So virtually all interiors have the TV opposite the bed and are actually quite well laid out except for those which they intended to be triples. 

I would say that for a solo traveler the interiors are probably fine.  Two or more do start to feel cramped IMHO but I do understand it is all very subjective.  Anyone desiring a usable seating area other than the bed will have to go up to an ocean view.  My point was that the Pinnacle class interiors are almost all just about the same size - none are truly "large" - at least not in a usable way like they were on the smaller ships.

Edited by Real NHDOC