Alaska cruise - early May or late May ?

deputybubba2

As a many-time Alaska cruiser, I prefer early May for snow still on the peaks, frisky whale calves, much lower flight/hotel prices, and very few kiddos.  Note that the Vancouver marathon takes place on the first weekend in May which boosts hotel prices and causes transportation issues.

I am booked on the Ms Koningsdam for May 10, 2025.

image.jpeg.926eff86abb3f6df55a2bbbf177c0ac3.jpeg

26 minutes ago, deputybubba2 said:

Thanks, 

We try to leave and return to Seattle, so the marathon won't impact us , except the last day stop I guess.

We are looking at May 3rd on the Eurodam , our first Holland Cruise !

Thanks again, 

Bruce

Cruises leaving/arriving Seattle sail in the open Pacific Ocean which will be much rougher waters than sailing through the Inside Passage out of Vancouver,  If motion sickness is not an issue, Seattle might be a bit cheaper.

I will be aboard the Eurodam in February and glad to answer any questions while onboard.

Since you will be on Holland America, check out the links in the lower right corner of my signature.  Here is a link to my Eurodam ship onboard photos:  Eurodam Photos

Edited by Crew News

1 minute ago, deputybubba2 said:

Holy Cow ! 

That HAL Menus link has a ton of menu pics !

Awesome, 

Thanks

Specialty Restaurant menus do not change that often.  MDR menus are applicable to specific regions, seasons, and duration.  Alaska menus for 2025 will not be available until the first HAL ship goes to Alaska which should be late April 2025.

I usually like the end of May. This year I went May 12th and the weather was perfect (May 12 - 23rd). After was rainy.

Historically May is a dry month. Each month after has potential for more rain.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The end of May will work better for Glacier Bay. Early in the month the snow can still be down to the waterline so the glaciers lose some of their definition. Later in the month, as the snow melts a bit, you get some contrast between the glacier and the rock cliffs.

• Like 1