How high tech are RD these days?!

Just booked a TA on Anthem for April 2024,just curious to know how technology has moved on these days,is everything booked on board using the app ,our last Royal cruise on Quantum in 2019 the new tech was often refusing to work.

Also how rigid do they tend to be at Port Liberty with checking in times please guys?

4 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Just booked a TA on Anthem for April 2024,just curious to know how technology has moved on these days,is everything booked on board using the app ,our last Royal cruise on Quantum in 2019 the new tech was often refusing to work.

Also how rigid do they tend to be at Port Liberty with checking in times please guys?

The tech on Anthem is the same as Quantum.  Most onboard items can be booked via the app, but there are still occasional issues.

At this time they aren't checking arrival times at Cape Liberty, but things could change by April 2024. 

P.S.  It's RC or RCI, not RD.  😄

Edited by Another_Critic

9 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just recently completed 17 nights on Ovation and Quantum, used the app for nothing once onboard. Did not even get the free D+ internet, phone goes in safe with the passport and stays there.  

What happens if you have a tour with a private company and they email you when they cancel? Happened to some people on our cruise yesterday. If something happens at home our sitter can text us instead of having to go thru the ship. We always have internet and never lock our phones in the safe. If we want to disconnect we turn them off for a while. There is so much info at the tip of our fingers using the app or using a map for in port. Don’t need to rely on any papers.

• Like 2

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

What happens if you have a tour with a private company and they email you when they cancel? Happened to some people on our cruise yesterday. If something happens at home our sitter can text us instead of having to go thru the ship. We always have internet and never lock our phones in the safe. If we want to disconnect we turn them off for a while. There is so much info at the tip of our fingers using the app or using a map for in port. Don’t need to rely on any papers.

Some of us, like me, are old school. Old, non tech, grumpy and stubborn. Wife has a iPhone and I have absolutely no use for one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I tend to be the 'kiss of death' to anything new tech & tend to rely on paperwork too,hence the title,I am always being caught out by spellcheck,I checked the message but didn't notice the title of my post had changed!😁,

Thanks for your replies guys