Do any ships besides the Summit offer grilled to order ribeyes at the at the OV Buffet/cafe?

NutsAboutGolf

• NutsAboutGolf changed the title to Do any ships besides the Summit offer grilled to order ribeyes at the at the OV Buffet/cafe?

I suspect it might only be this itinerary.   I saw some postings of things not normally done on last years Boston/Iceland sailings.

It's most probably up to the Chef in the Buffet.   We were on a B2B2B on Constellation in April'/May.  The chef in the buffet had Prime Rib and chateaubriand and Yorkshire Pudding on the evening buffet 1 or 2 times each sailing.  He had Beef Wellington one day and chateaubriand  another on the lunch buffet.   He also had shrimp cocktail on the lunch buffet daily.

We were friendly with the Restaurant Manager and asked how this was possible with the cutbacks.   His response was that the chef was very good at managing his budget.

No I don't think it will be fleet wide.   Most ships don't even have a minute steak cook to order on the lunch buffet anymore.

• Thanks 1

Apex in Europe has a grill to order minute steak station for lunch and dinner.   I had a steak pretty much every time I was at the OV cafe, sometime 2 steaks if I was hungry.   They have a chimichurri sauce there that's pretty good.  I don't remember if it says it is Ribeye or other cut of steak.  To be honest, when a steak is that thin, it is usually tender even if it is a lower cut or overcooked.   And they could also never get it to be medium rare when it is so thin.  I asked for medium rare every time and I usually get medium well, but sometimes well done.   They don't really taste that much difference.  I was tempted to just ask for rare and see how it would come out LOL.  Didn't try it though.

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Which ships have you personally seen this grill on?

Summit, Constellation, and Millennium.  On Solstice AUS/NZ cruise, they brought fresh fish in Hobart and served it only in the O/V for dinner.  One night they had whole filets.  The chef cut out a 2" center cut and grilled it for me.  

• Thanks 1