Sailing no longer available

vandals04

I booked a sailing for 8/19/24 on the Meraviglia but it no longer shows up on the MSC website.  If I login I do still see the sailing in my account but I cant add additional rooms.  Does this mean anything?  Should I be expecting a cancellation or change in itinerary?

That means that the sailing is fully booked and probably even overbooked.

Which does not mean that you will not get emails to bid for upgrades for all kinds of unavailable categories. But if you bid a crazy high price for an upgrade, maybe somebody will be kicked out of his cabin. Okay, that only happens if @mscdivina2016 is booked on this sailing 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

But if you bid a crazy high price for an upgrade, maybe somebody will be kicked out of his cabin. Okay, that only happens if @mscdivina2016 is booked on this sailing 😄

Don't poke the bear!

Even without them on the ship they will still want to load the bases so they can respond to last minute cancellations, rather than targetted removal of guests 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Don't poke the bear!

Even without them on the ship they will still want to load the bases so they can respond to last minute cancellations, rather than targetted removal of guests 🙂

I never understood the saying when it comes to perceived injustice going up against a bigger adversary "Do you want to be right, or do you want to be smart?" Until I read about @mscdivina2016 plight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Sounds more like a charter to me. Hard to believe a cruise a year from sailing is totally sold out.

This makes the most sense.  There are sailings leaving this week that I'm sure are sold out but are still on the website.  This is completely removed.  

We are booked for the 4th of September in a Royal Suite and it is the same.  So, looking at their website, the Meraviglia does not show for all of August until Sep 15th 2024.  I have called MSC weekly for a month now, and always get put on hold while the agent contacts a supervisor.  The answer is always that we can't do anything because these reservations are frozen and I will receive an email soon. I am more than willing to move my booking to the end of September, but it is frozen. I have  tried to talk to a supervisor or email management, but that seems impossible.

13 hours ago, vandals04 said:

I booked a sailing for 8/19/24 on the Meraviglia but it no longer shows up on the MSC website.  If I login I do still see the sailing in my account but I cant add additional rooms.  Does this mean anything?  Should I be expecting a cancellation or change in itinerary?

I can book into that cruise (TA site) what type of experience are you looking to book?

Edited by mmbcater

RE: charters. Is there a way to know if your cruise has a chartered group aboard? Seems like something that could be nice to avoid, assuming that areas of the boat would be reserved for guests of the charter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peder said:

RE: charters. Is there a way to know if your cruise has a chartered group aboard? Seems like something that could be nice to avoid, assuming that areas of the boat would be reserved for guests of the charter.

The cruiseline will not tell you. The best way I've found is to google the date and name of ship and add "charter" or the like.  (Ditto with looking for a "book of the faces" group using that date and ship)  If it's a charter they most likely have a webpage or FB group.  

In the past I've found myself inadvertently on a Swinger's Cruise, on a ship with 2000+ High School graduating seniors from Canada (no thank you!), and twice on a "Goth" cruise (the Divina) which was great fun. The biggest issue is that these groups tend to overrun the place and close down venues that you would otherwise have access to.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, oceans.calling said:

I use this site to get an idea

Trying to figure out what some of these are is actually super fun. Not sure if a Love Like You Mean It cruise is fun or awful. I can see both sides. Looks like Divinia is getting a K-pop cruise next year. One year my husband and I were on the cruise before the 7000 tons of metal cruise. As metalheads ourselves I was a bit bummed we weren't back-to-backing. I'd file the Smooth Jazz cruise under "avoid". Big Nude Boat is probably one to miss too. 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

Two days from today is a year out.

Not everyone that has put down a deposit pays in full, you are months out from the final payment. Cabins will open up. 

Did not realize it is 2024 not 2023. Certainly this sailing is not completely sold out of overbooked.

9 hours ago, bundtkate said:

Trying to figure out what some of these are is actually super fun. Not sure if a Love Like You Mean It cruise is fun or awful.

Looks like we dodged a bullet with that one as we are on the following sailing ...

18 hours ago, oceans.calling said:

Thanks! I had asked because my sailing on the Euribia June 1st disappeared before reappearing  a few days later with just a few and different cabins (i.e. overnight it went from nearly every cabin available, to zero, then to just a handful). I assume someone reserved a big chunk of rooms, so I've been searching for any mentions of a Euribia charter. Nothing so far, but I'll now also check the site you mentioned.

Edited by peder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the sailing is getting added and removed.  As of right now it is not available to be booked.

MSC just sent the following to those that are already booked:

"We are contacting you with an important update concerning your cruise which is scheduled to sail on 8/19/2024 from New York City aboard MSC Meraviglia. Due to necessary operational reasons, we have had to make some modifications to your cruise itinerary.

This is to inform you that your 6-night sailing on 8/19/2024 has been rescheduled and will now depart from New York on 8/18/2024. Please note that the length of your cruise has been extended to 7 nights. You will not be charged for the extra night. The itinerary has also been modified."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tcruisin77 said:

We are sailing on the cruise before this one. We got changed from an 8 night to a 7 😩

We sail on the new date. I wondered what would happen to the cruise before us. Did they change your itinerary?

Laura

I too got the email the 8/19/24 sailing was being extended by a day and now leaving 8/18. We are sailing with a few other families and were booked in cabins near each other on deck 13. With the new updates all of the cabins were moved to multiple lower decks not near one another. CHECK YOUR CABINS! When a member of our party called MSC yesterday, they were told no information could be provided and they needed to call back tomorrow. This is our 1st time sailing MSC and it’s not seeming to be a good starting experience. Never had a problem like this sailing NCL or Carnival. Cruise is still not showing on the MSC website. Any advice from MSC veterans?