The Cruise - Fun loving Brits at Sea - C4

Sancho_proudfoot

Anyone watching this series, started a week ago, at 4pm on Channel 4. Its on every day and there's 20 episodes in all. Following 3 groups on a week's cruise in the Med.

I'm a bit disappointed in it - its more about what they do ashore, instead of onboard.  Some aspects jar a bit - the three girls together keep saying they're on a shoestring  budget ......and they're in a suite!

The family with 2 kids '- I know they're homeschooling the kids, but EVERYTHING they  do has to be an education.

So far, in 4 episodes, the cruise director has sought them out and chatted to them - like THATis a regular happening!

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot
Typos

I agree , it's strange the way they have put this together, the ship is meant to be full but it looks half empty, hardly shows any aspect of what a normal cruise is like onboard a ship , entertainment food etc, and in all honesty the groups they have chose would put you off going a cruise especially that family from isle of wight, I feel sorry for the children, education this education that. Give them a break!

On 8/18/2023 at 12:57 PM, MBP&O2/O said:

Absloute unrealistic tosh? Well edited to blow smoke towards Princess ... IMHO of course.

I gave up midway through episode 3.

You did better than I did. I quit during episode 2.

The show started to irritate me during episode 1 by insisting they were sailing out of Rome and that the port was only a short drive from Rome. I thought Civitavecchia was about 50 miles from Rome and it normally takes about 1 hour to drive from Rome to Civitavecchia

Bit like being told that embarkation is at London / Dover or London / Southampton. ..totally different places. 

One excuse given was London was the nearest airport? Really?

Another itinerary I saw was Florence listed as a port of call. Livorno was not mentioned.

I am sure that when  I was a Navigation Officer an excuse of ... well it's only 50 miles upthe coast would have gone down well ....not 🤪

Guests were chosen from an advert asking for people to go on a TV show about cruising. They were hand picked by the Chief Executive of Princess who was looking for certain type of cruiser.. (possibly to fit a woke criteria).  A Suite and all expenses paid for every family.  Would you complain?

As an Elite passenger on Princess I don’t recognise the service and attention from the staff, or is it just me.

11 hours ago, Bazza Bones1 said:

Guests were chosen from an advert asking for people to go on a TV show about cruising. They were hand picked by the Chief Executive of Princess who was looking for certain type of cruiser.. (possibly to fit a woke criteria).  A Suite and all expenses paid for every family.  Would you complain?

As an Elite passenger on Princess I don’t recognise the service and attention from the staff, or is it just me.

Hi and welcome to CC (Cruise Critics)