Is the Havana Experience worth it (inside cabin)?

Cruisegoer

35 minutes ago, louanne93 said:

Question for anyone~

Would you book a Havana Interior over a regular balcony just for the private pool? Just trying to figure out if it is that nice. I love my balcony at night! 

In a minute on the Vista Class, only you can decide on the Excel Class.

On 8/18/2023 at 6:26 AM, Cruisegoer said:

Looking at the new Jubilee and noticing prices between regular interiors and Havana interiors are pretty close, I realize you get use of the "private pool" but on the deck plans it looks relatively tiny.  Not sure what other perks might be included so appreciate any thoughts on those who've purchased the Havana experience if it's worth it IYHO?

They have ruined the Havana area on the newer ship , more people and the pool is like a bathtub so not worth it ! The Vista class has a much better Havana area !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Go ahead and do a comparison on a handful of sailings.  I'm pretty spot on with my assumption.  I just did a quick comparison in order to prove my point.  A sailing in October of 2024 on the Horizon, the difference was 580.  In June of 2024, the difference was 850.  These were each 8 night sailings.  We've cruised in the Havana area twice prior to the shutdown, so we're familiar with the pricing.

You know what they say about assumptions.  

What you see and what someone else sees are not the same.  I have three upcoming bookings on the Vista in a Havana cabana... none are over $1,000 total.  

22 hours ago, DramaQueen22 said:

on Vista class ships, it is absolutely worth it.  I wouldn't pay for the experience on Excel Class.  The Havana area is significantly smaller and the pool is tiny.  

whew we were on the Celebration the last 2 days of the cruise there weren't any loungers available in the Havana area either.

7 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

whew we were on the Celebration the last 2 days of the cruise there weren't any loungers available in the Havana area either.

Unfortunately the Havana area was an after thought by the powers that be with regards to the Excel Class.  On the Vista Class, it was deck 5 aft, with a great view and many amenities and a good sized area.  On the Excel Class, it was relegated to the starboard side of deck 8, with a much smaller footprint, fewer amenities and a postage stamp sized pool.

It seems like Carnival was more concerned with the Excel Suites and the Loft 19 area than they were with the Havana area.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brilliantseas said:

Havana Interior or standard balcony on Carnival Vista?

Price is within $50, with the balcony actually being the lest expensive option. 

Havana interior, in a heartbeat.  You can relax in the Havana area and treat it like a balcony since it's rarely crowded.  You have the bar, hot tubs, pool and tiki huts there.  Many more options than 40 sq ft of balcony space.

• Like 4

We booked the Vista for October this year over the Jubilee because of the Havana area.  Turns out the Jubilee would have been canceled so I am glad we chose the Vista.  I agree with Susan, the interior Havana rooms is better than a balcony room because you are only steps from the Havana area.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dallasdan said:

We booked the Vista for October this year over the Jubilee because of the Havana area.  Turns out the Jubilee would have been canceled so I am glad we chose the Vista.  I agree with Susan, the interior Havana rooms is better than a balcony room because you are only steps from the Havana area.

Havana area (specifically on Vista class) is a flat out home run

• Like 2