Allure Chef’s Table recently?

TPA2005

Any recent experiences at Chef’s Table on Allure? Just off Serenade and did not have a good one. The food was great but service very slow. We started with the champagne cocktail at 6:15 and dinner was not complete until after 9:30. We all agreed we could have dealt with the delays between courses if they kept the wine flowing as was our experience at previous Chef's Tables. There were 10 of us and they opened just one bottle per course so we each got about a half glass then our waiter would disappear until the next course came out.

We booked CT on Allure in September but if this is the new normal fleetwide we will cancel.

Thank you.

I cannot comment on Allure but the Chef's Table on Oasis recently was awful.  I had the same experience as to the wines.  However, I thought the food was awful.   The steak I had subsequently at the Coco Cay Beach Club , as well as the steak at  Hibachi, was far superior. I have done Chef's Table many times over the years and doubt I will again unless the menu and wines change.

This is kind of dated but since you didn’t get many responses I’ll say this. We had chefs table on Allure thanksgiving cruise last year. It was our first chefs table. We really enjoyed it. Excellent food. Cheap wines but they were good. Yes it was slow but that’s kind of the design for chefs table. They did a good job with the timing of the courses and the wine. It was over 3 hours but when it was over it seemed like it went fast. We were lucky and had great table mates. That seems to be the make or break. I understand the menu is the same fleet wide and long overdue for an update. We want to do another for our transatlantic this fall. I look forward to trying chefs table again but if the menu stays the same then twice is enough. 

15 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

This is kind of dated but since you didn’t get many responses I’ll say this. We had chefs table on Allure thanksgiving cruise last year. It was our first chefs table. We really enjoyed it. Excellent food. Cheap wines but they were good. Yes it was slow but that’s kind of the design for chefs table. They did a good job with the timing of the courses and the wine. It was over 3 hours but when it was over it seemed like it went fast. We were lucky and had great table mates. That seems to be the make or break. I understand the menu is the same fleet wide and long overdue for an update. We want to do another for our transatlantic this fall. I look forward to trying chefs table again but if the menu stays the same then twice is enough. 

Was it still being held in the upstairs area of the Diamond Lounge. 

• 5 weeks later...

Not recent. But did CT on the Allure in 2019. It got off to a bad start because there was a party of 10 people that were expecting the CT to be just them. They were all pissed off because my husband and I and another couple were there too. So it started late because of their complaining. Then they ignored us the whole time. So the atmosphere was kinda tense. The food was meh but the wine was flowing for sure. The best part was the dessert.

Honestly, the CT on Carnival was a million times better. 

Although, we are going to do the CT on the Wonder in Oct. If it isn't good then that will be it.