MSC Ground Agent for Southhampton, UK and La Havre, France

transientoftheseas

Hello! I am currently researching information for my relatives who need visas for their European cruise. They are from a country who are not eligible for visas on arrival at UK or France like US citizens.

Would any one know if MSC has a ground agent in the UK and Europe that handles visas for cruisers?

My relatives cruised with MSC previously that had a Middle Eastern itinerary and MSC collaborated with a tour company in the UAE that handled visas (Sharaf Tours, if anyone is wondering). Less documents were needed and the cost was half than what it would be if applied individually at a consulate or embassy.

I asked my travel agent and she doesn't know the answer. I asked MSC and they said to inquire with my travel agent.

They will be on MSC Euribia in January and there's only one port stop in the UK. Would MSC have a special arrangement with the UK for those not eligible for visa on arrival since its only a 12 hr or so stop?

I am also open to suggestions of companies that handles cruise visas for other cruiselines as well.

Thanks so much!

If MSC is present in the market your relatives come from, then the local agents there will do this. China for example. If MSC is not present, then you have to do all by yourself. Pakistan for example. So the answer with the travel agent was correct, but certainly not your travel agents. 

1 hour ago, transientoftheseas said:

They will be on MSC Euribia in January and there's only one port stop in the UK. Would MSC have a special arrangement with the UK for those not eligible for visa on arrival since its only a 12 hr or so stop?

MSC will not let passengers board that do not have the correct documents to enter the UK, even if staying on board.  There are no special arrangements, and the UK Border Force has been doing some quite painful (long waiting times) spot checks since there was a newspaper story about 2 cruise passengers claiming asylum on arrival in UK.

https://www.msccruises.com/int/manage-booking/before-you-go/travel-documents-visas