Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For anyone interested in joining me on my live of Carnival's newest ship, you are welcome to do so. If not, I'll be back around here in a year for Encore...if not sooner.

I'm also working on a detailed blog on the differences between Carnival, Norwegian, and Princess. That will post April 5th. I may link it here since a lot of people were interested in that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah! I've been trying to stalk you (in a non restraining order kinda way) to find out when your next review would be. I thought I remembered you saying Carnival was next up. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2023 at 5:10 PM, Saint Greg said:

For years the math didn’t work for me. This summer it did. Fall it didn’t and I’m on Princess. But I can share with you where it did this time.

last year on carnival my base ticket was $1500. Out of Seattle. Now that was a 4J with a window. Add in $350 for drinks, $100+ Wi-Fi, my own airfare was 800. That’s 2800.  This year the base price for me in an interior was around 2,000 with airfare around 1,000. That’s 3,000 just to get my butt on board. But on NCL I got my room, beverage upgrade, specialty dining, airfare, excursions, and Wi-Fi for 2,800. And oh since we end in Vancouver, I don’t have that baloney sandwich stop in Victoria. I get a real port day in Skagway.

Thanks for the quick breakdown.  That side-by-side number crunching is something that we need to definitely review.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2024 at 12:46 PM, Saint Greg said:

I'm also working on a detailed blog on the differences between Carnival, Norwegian, and Princess. That will post April 5th. I may link it here since a lot of people were interested in that.

For anyone who was interested in that comparison, it posted last week.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/carnival-norwegian-princess-comparison/

For anyone interested in my next cruise it post today.

Other than that I'll be back around here for a review in August. Actually I'll be around here quite a bit because I have Jewel, Encore, Prima and Epic all booked. And two more CFC's in my back pocket.

• Like 3