Saint Greg's Alaska Jewel - Live - August 28, 2023

Saint Greg

It was a good show. What they did here is take the couple from the other night and build a circus show mostly around them. I was a bit surprised to see them participating in a production show since it said they were former NCL dancers. But it was a show. Their best show.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 17

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It was a good show. What they did here is take the couple from the other night and build a circus show mostly around them. I was a bit surprised to see them participating in a production show since it said they were former NCL dancers. But it was a show. Their best show.

The shows on the bigger ships like Breakaway and Breakaway+ class tend to be better...like full on Broadway shows. I've seen Jersey Boys and Million Dollar Quartet. Both very good. I'd love to see Choir of Man, but so far the ships it's on and the itineraries I want to take have not aligned. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Uff da said:

The shows on the bigger ships like Breakaway and Breakaway+ class tend to be better...like full on Broadway shows. I've seen Jersey Boys and Million Dollar Quartet. Both very good. I'd love to see Choir of Man, but so far the ships it's on and the itineraries I want to take have not aligned. 

I’ve heard about some ships having “broadway shows.” Having been to four of them in New York over the past year, I tend to question the authenticity of cruise ship broadway shows. Every one I saw was three hours and I don’t see them doing that on a cruise ship.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve heard about some ships having “broadway shows.” Having been to four of them in New York over the past year, I tend to question the authenticity of cruise ship broadway shows. Every one I saw was three hours and I don’t see them doing that on a cruise ship.

No, but they are very good. I think Jersey Boys ran 1:45. It was long...ish. So about half length. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Uff da said:

No, but they are very good. I think Jersey Boys ran 1:45. It was long...ish. So about half length. 

So then I’m like would I want to see abbreviated show at all? Would it ruin the full show if I ever saw it? I don’t know. I think I prefer they just have their own shows.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

So then I’m like would I want to see abbreviated show at all? Would it ruin the full show if I ever saw it? I don’t know. I think I prefer they just have their own shows.

I don't know that the NCL shows are still "on" Broadway. You may be able to catch them in London. 
As for me, I get restless. I'm not sure I could not do a 3 hour show. The abbreviated show is fine. At least I get the gist of it, and it's free. I like that part. I'm already on the ship so what have I got to lose?

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Uff da said:

I don't know that the NCL shows are still "on" Broadway. You may be able to catch them in London. 
As for me, I get restless. I'm not sure I could not do a 3 hour show. The abbreviated show is fine. At least I get the gist of it, and it's free. I like that part. I'm already on the ship so what have I got to lose?

If you can’t ever see the real thing again that may be different.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I started to get a runny nose at dinner. And I’m feeling pretty not too good right now. Hopefully I’ll wake up better. The 30 hours after that are going to be pretty miserable.

Unfortunately, Covid is going around again. I got it in Vegas the end of July. It's like a really bad cold, but I didn't feel really horrible. My nose took the brunt of it. So many tissues...
I was concerned when you talked about all the coughing, because that and the runny nose are a big part of it. I really hope you don't have it, but I'm afraid you might. It gets better in about 5 days. Take Nyquil/Dyaquil if you can. It really helped me.  

• Like 7

One last story before I go to bed. This morning I had a light flickering. I didn’t report it because i didn’t want them in here working in my room on my last day. Well after Stewart was in here. And I’m in packing. Knock knock. I asked the. To give me 5 minutes I needed to get ready for that show. He said he would come back later. I just put my dnd sign up. They have time to deal with it tomorrow. I’ve had one of those on embarkation day once. Left a note for Stewart and it was taken care of. Just don’t screw with my last day to make someone else’s first day better.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Uff da said:

Unfortunately, Covid is going around again. I got it in Vegas the end of July. It's like a really bad cold, but I didn't feel really horrible. My nose took the brunt of it. So many tissues...
I was concerned when you talked about all the coughing, because that and the runny nose are a big part of it. I really hope you don't have it, but I'm afraid you might. It gets better in about 5 days. Take Nyquil/Dyaquil if you can. It really helped me.  

I’ve had Covid. Ironically it was when I got back from Alaska last year. Wasn’t a big deal. I felt bad one day. Then had one day of a cough. Then I was fine. I am vaccinated x 4 at this point.

• Like 12