40% discount bid to upgrade

pompeii

First time I've seen this - a 40% discount on the normal bid pricing for our upcoming cruise.  This is from a standard balcony cabin on a 2-day cruise, Seattle to Vancouver.  We originally booked an inside and received a free upgrade the other day to a balcony.  Now I guess there is a "sale" on bidding to a minisuite.  Only the minis though, none of the other categories have the 40% discount.  Interesting we can go to a mini for less than to a premium deluxe balcony.   BTW, I moved the offer bar from no offer just to show what the minimum bid is.

image.thumb.png.797100759afcc1e4da0f10784d1f121d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, we’re not going to bid. This little 2 day is just an add-on to a much longer trip from Vancouver to Sydney and we want to keep it as cheap as possible. For some reason though, it’s priced quite high and not selling well at all.  We’re quite happy with the free upgrade so we’ll stick with our balcony. I just had never seen a “bid sale” before. 

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, pompeii said:

No, we’re not going to bid. This little 2 day is just an add-on to a much longer trip from Vancouver to Sydney and we want to keep it as cheap as possible. For some reason though, it’s priced quite high and not selling well at all.  We’re quite happy with the free upgrade so we’ll stick with our balcony. I just had never seen a “bid sale” before. 

Did this come in a new email?

9 minutes ago, dog said:

Did this come in a new email?

No, I was curious what the new bid options would be after getting the upgrade so I went to the bid to upgrade page on the personalizer.  I haven’t received a new bid email. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, pompeii said:

No, I was curious what the new bid options would be after getting the upgrade so I went to the bid to upgrade page on the personalizer.  I haven’t received a new bid email. 

I checked for my 7 day and bids increased. Like you I had BW- free upgrade to BB, want to bid on that one Club mini midship, but it is too much.