Port Transfers Japan & South Korea

MatMan44a

Hi all, we will be travelling to Japan and South Korea in March 2024 with Celebrity Cruises.

Does anyone have any experience or know if there are transfers / shuttle buses in the ports please either provided by the cruise company or port authority?

We particularly want to go to the beach in Ishigaki and Jeju Island but none of the excursions listed with the cruise company feature this & in other destinations the cruise lines have simply had a beach transfer coach which you pay for - any help would be hugely appreciated! - Thanks in advance 🙂

8 hours ago, MatMan44a said:

Hi all, we will be travelling to Japan and South Korea in March 2024 with Celebrity Cruises.

Does anyone have any experience or know if there are transfers / shuttle buses in the ports please either provided by the cruise company or port authority?

We particularly want to go to the beach in Ishigaki and Jeju Island but none of the excursions listed with the cruise company feature this & in other destinations the cruise lines have simply had a beach transfer coach which you pay for - any help would be hugely appreciated! - Thanks in advance 🙂

There was complimentary shuttles at Ishigaki port when we were there March 2023. From port to the ferry terminal in town, not to the beach. I believe you can take a bus to the beach from there. You may check out the videos under my signature on these ports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

We begin in Tokyo/ Yokohamabut have already arranged transfers here. 

We were really wondering about transfers in Osaka, Kochi, Okinawa, Ishigaki, Jeju Island (South Korea) & Kagoshima.

Any help & advice welcome!

Thanks again 😃

Refer to this website for port details.  Osaka, kochi and Kagoshima ships will dock very near to subway or trains so shuttles aren’t required.  There are free shuttle in all Okinawa ports.  

www.whatsinport.com

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, MatMan44a said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

We begin in Tokyo/ Yokohamabut have already arranged transfers here. 

We were really wondering about transfers in Osaka, Kochi, Okinawa, Ishigaki, Jeju Island (South Korea) & Kagoshima.

Any help & advice welcome!

Thanks again 😃

Osaka is really easy to take public transportation to city center. A short walk will take you to the subway station, then a ride to downtown, if your ship is docked at Tempozan cruise terminal. Kochi had transfers that cost $20 pp, I believe. We took a taxi instead. Okinawa no transfers available but can walk to town if no mobility issues or take a taxi. We walked. I believe they have transfers at Jeju (pay) but we hired a van while there. They did have transfers at Kagoshima port to the train station, I think, but again, we took taxis to downtown then did the one-day City View Bus. You can find videos of these ports in my signature or here.

• Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

Hi 

We're on the same cruise as you.

We've booked an independent tour for Jeju.

We WhatsApp's a taxi service who have been very helpful with good English.

Try John - WhatsApp  +82 10-2794-6283