Has anyone actually combined cruise first and cruise next

dbrown84

I know the T&Cs say you can not combine CF and CN on the same booking.  There have been some here on CC who think you can actually do it though.  I have a booking that I did with a CF, and when I go to the page to make a payment, it has the option to allow me to use the CN that is in my account.  So, I'm wondering if there is anyone that has actually applied both a CF and CN to the same booking and not had it backed out.  I'm tempted to just go ahead and see what happens, with the hope that they would just simply cancel the CN and return it to my account.  But there does exist the possibility that they could cancel the whole booking....

I take the "I did it" posts on that one with a grain of salt. I was doing some rearranging of cruises the other day and discussed using CF with my PCC for a cruise I've already booked, although I was prepared to remove the CN that's already there.  Decided it probably wouldn't work, but more on the idea that it wasn't a new booking and they seem to be holding to that much more than they do with CNs.

What the system allows you to do and what the system allows you to keep are 2 different things. If you try to add a CN when you don't qualify for the 2nd one they just return it later.  The system appears to do post-payment checks, not pre-payment.

And it also might depend on the value of the CF that you originally used. Highly doubtful they would allow any combination that's over $500.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I take the "I did it" posts on that one with a grain of salt. I was doing some rearranging of cruises the other day and discussed using CF with my PCC for a cruise I've already booked, although I was prepared to remove the CN that's already there.  Decided it probably wouldn't work, but more on the idea that it wasn't a new booking and they seem to be holding to that much more than they do with CNs.

What the system allows you to do and what the system allows you to keep are 2 different things. If you try to add a CN when you don't qualify for the 2nd one they just return it later.  The system appears to do post-payment checks, not pre-payment.

And it also might depend on the value of the CF that you originally used. Highly doubtful they would allow any combination that's over $500.

ahhh, that makes sense.  And yes, the CF I used when booking is for $500.  so I'd be attempting to get $750 total by adding a CN.

It lets you add whatever, but as mentioned, it just returns it later. My friend tried to do it with the double up offer to apply two CNs to a sailing despite it not being 4 months in advance. It let her, but she later got one returned. I’m assuming it would be the same with a CF + CN. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, zackarykeef said:

It lets you add whatever, but as mentioned, it just returns it later. My friend tried to do it with the double up offer to apply two CNs to a sailing despite it not being 4 months in advance. It let her, but she later got one returned. I’m assuming it would be the same with a CF + CN. 

thanks.  I got excited (greedy) when I saw that it would let me add the CN.  I should have known it was too good to be true :)

15 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

thanks.  I got excited (greedy) when I saw that it would let me add the CN.  I should have known it was too good to be true 🙂

Not greedy at all!  they offer these promotions, its not greedy to use them.  If not allowed, they correct. Its not like you are being dishonest.  Sometimes its hard to understand what the rules allow.

21 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

You read my mind. I’m on the prima and asked about doing that and she said no. Bummer. Now which is the better value? CN or CF?

since I generally book inside cabins, CF works out better for me because I can buy the $500 versions when they are selling them and know that I can use it on my booking.  the CN are worth $250 each.  although they run double up promos a lot, most of the time it's for balcony and above cabins.  CF do have to be purchased 4 months before the sailing you want to use it on, but most of the time the double up promo also has a 4 month requirement.  Just so happens that the current promo waives the 4 month requirement 

I applied both a CruiseFirst and a CruiseNext certificate to a cruise about one year ago.  Yes, the website let me do that.  A few weeks later, I received an email from a person at NCL telling me that this was no permitted and that they have removed one of them from my cruise and returned it to my Account.  I don't recall which one they returned.  

• Thanks 1