Baggage handling UK

kasijab

Has anyone in UK used the Baggex baggage handling service as advertised at the top of this page? 
I will be cruising solo for the first time since losing my husband 15 moths ago, and thought it might be easier than me trying to handle suitcase myself. 
Any thoughts ? ...sailing from Southampton in sept. 

I was lucky to be offered a free trial of the Baggex service before our cruise on QM2 from Southampton in June. 

I was very impressed. Communication was very good, collection was on time, we were sent a photograph of our bags arriving at the terminal and they were in the cabin when we boarded.

When we disembarked we handed them over in the terminal and they were delivered as agreed a couple of days later. 

If you have a complicated journey or are travelling alone I would definitely use them again. 

If you have any questions, just ask here or post on the special thread where they will answer

I understand completely as that happened to us on a previous occasion shipping luggage to America!

I was a little nervous this time as well but it worked perfectly and I would use them again if I was going on the train. 

On 8/20/2023 at 11:33 AM, kasijab said:

I will be cruising solo for the first time since losing my husband 15 moths ago, and thought it might be easier than me trying to handle suitcase myself. 

Your other option, not for this time but for the future is to book with a cruise line which offers a door to door pickup as part of their price.  We have travelled with Saga which offers this, and it is a great feeling to know once you are in the taxi that someone else is taking care of everything. 

Depending where you live you could also look at the coach companies which offer a service from mostly the midlands to your cruise terminal. they pick up from motorway services at strategic points. we havent used this but some former neighbours found it ideal for them. 

On 8/23/2023 at 6:20 PM, sleepingcat said:

Depending where you live you could also look at the coach companies which offer a service from mostly the midlands to your cruise terminal. they pick up from motorway services at strategic points. we havent used this but some former neighbours found it ideal for them. 

The north west is also served by coaches we looked at it more closely because of train strikes

and the hotel prices in Southampton seem to have rocketed.   We are going with Eavesway.

same day service, seems expensive  but  by the time you add up train fare  hotel and evening meal

its about the same and no worries re strike and no heaving luggage through London.

I also think that if a coach was a bit late the ship would be more inclined to wait a bit.

Another we have used is Intercruises.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 3:06 PM, Aulanis said:

The north west is also served by coaches we looked at it more closely because of train strikes

and the hotel prices in Southampton seem to have rocketed.   We are going with Eavesway.

same day service, seems expensive  but  by the time you add up train fare  hotel and evening meal

its about the same and no worries re strike and no heaving luggage through London.

I also think that if a coach was a bit late the ship would be more inclined to wait a bit.

Another we have used is Intercruises.

I have to use Intercruise coach as Eavesway don't pick up any further north than Preston now!

Just as if 2/3 of the UK don't exist!