Flight Ease Payment

KBC73

Did flight ease change the method of payment?

Last year I booked a flight from USA to Amsterdam and paid with final payment.

Last month I booked a flights for a Panama Canal cruise and had to pay the same day I booked. It was only a couple of days before final payment was due so I didn't think much about it.

Today I looked at flights for a cruise in March 2024 and it looked like I might have to pay immediately, not with final payment, I didn't complete the booking of the flights for that reason. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

The only time I had to pay was as Bruce said very close to final payment, after final payment and on any cruise paid in full. If you pay in full early that is your final payment date.   Try going ahead to the very end of the process and see what happens. Don’t provide payment, it will not auto charge.  
Let us know your outcome 

Edited by Mary229

I started the process again, chose flights, picked seats, confirmed passanger information. The last screen wanted my credit card info so it looked like I would have to pay right away. I stopped there, I will call on Manday and see what's going on. I have not paid the cruise in full yet, My final payment isn;t due until December.

• Like 1

Found out why. Restricted fares must be paid at flight booking. Flexible fares are paid with final payment. I must have chosen flexible in the past. Flexible fares are not available for the flights I want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KBC73 said:

Found out why. Restricted fares must be paid at flight booking. Flexible fares are paid with final payment. I must have chosen flexible in the past. Flexible fares are not available for the flights I want.

Good info.  I find, like most consolidators, FE runs out of inventory. I always check on Tuesdays to see if they have re-upped their inventory 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had FE flights for a couple bookings; one with final payment today. Had issues w/the flights bad enough that last Thursday I sent emails to HAL (multiple calls w/hours of phone time did not resolve). When I had not heard from them by Sat, I had TA cancel the flights so we could make final payment ($39) as I didn't want to put the booking in jeopardy. 

Yesterday HAL called me to work through it. At the end of the call after securing proper flights, the person said she needed to collect for the flights. I wanted to use HAL gift cards to get the 10% discount, but was told she could not do gift card payment and would have to transfer me to Guest Services.  No thanks, not risking another flight disaster w/Final Payment a day away, so I paid w/CC.

Don't know if she required immediate payment because it was so close to Final Payment (1 day) or because I'd already made the $39 and was showing PIF. My rate code did not require immediate payment. 

Side note, this is the same booking I've been trying for months to add HIA w/o success. TA inquired to add it when she called to cancel the flights and was also told "no HIA for you!!" 

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I had FE flights for a couple bookings; one with final payment today. Had issues w/the flights bad enough that last Thursday I sent emails to HAL (multiple calls w/hours of phone time did not resolve). When I had not heard from them by Sat, I had TA cancel the flights so we could make final payment ($39) as I didn't want to put the booking in jeopardy. 

Yesterday HAL called me to work through it. At the end of the call after securing proper flights, the person said she needed to collect for the flights. I wanted to use HAL gift cards to get the 10% discount, but was told she could not do gift card payment and would have to transfer me to Guest Services.  No thanks, not risking another flight disaster w/Final Payment a day away, so I paid w/CC.

Don't know if she required immediate payment because it was so close to Final Payment (1 day) or because I'd already made the $39 and was showing PIF. My rate code did not require immediate payment. 

Side note, this is the same booking I've been trying for months to add HIA w/o success. TA inquired to add it when she called to cancel the flights and was also told "no HIA for you!!" 

Once you pay in full, even if 6 months ahead, you are at final payment.  It is a gotcha.