Getting around Galveston 1 1/2 days b-4 our Harmony cruise

Lorey2007

We will be staying 1 ½ days at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort before our Harmony cruise in April.  Are taxi’s, Uber & Lyft readily available to help us get around to restaurants, downtown some other places that we can’t walk to. Slight mobility issues make it difficult for us to walk more than a couple of blocks.  

I did look into renting a golf cart for the day but not sure that is a good idea does anyone have any experience with that? Traffic, parking etc?

I did see there is a bus or trolley that runs the seawall but also not sure if we would want to be standing around waiting for it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by Lorey2007

On 8/20/2023 at 7:22 PM, Lorey2007 said:

We will be staying 1 ½ days at the Hilton Galveston Island Resort before our Harmony cruise in April.  Are taxi’s, Uber & Lyft readily available to help us get around to restaurants, downtown some other places that we can’t walk to. Slight mobility issues make it difficult for us to walk more than a couple of blocks.  

I did look into renting a golf cart for the day but not sure that is a good idea does anyone have any experience with that? Traffic, parking etc?

I did see there is a bus or trolley that runs the seawall but also not sure if we would want to be standing around waiting for it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hotel has had limo bus to transport folks around island . Holiday inn,  San Luis and Hilton are owned by same and participate in the bus.   

• Like 1