The Catch By Rudi. Sky Princess

Tiggipaws

Good afternoon

Has anyone been in The Catch by Rudi on the Sky Princess? Would like opinions on the food and decor as thinking of booking for our aniversary. Also is there alot of noise form the Piaza?  If so does it help sitting near the windows

Thank you

Yes...I made a couple of posts regarding The Catch in my "Live From" thread here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2939159-sky-princess-iceland-missed-ports/page/8/

The food was probably the best we've ever had on a cruise.  Looking forward to doing it again on the Sky this November on its transatlantic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes...I made a couple of posts regarding The Catch in my "Live From" thread here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2939159-sky-princess-iceland-missed-ports/page/8/

The food was probably the best we've ever had on a cruise.  Looking forward to doing it again on the Sky this November on its transatlantic.

Was it noisy?  I see that this restaurant has replaced Bistro Sur La Mer.  We had dinner in Bistro in November and while the food was very good the atmosphere was horrible, noisy from the plaza and people walking through.  

54 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Was it noisy?  I see that this restaurant has replaced Bistro Sur La Mer.  We had dinner in Bistro in November and while the food was very good the atmosphere was horrible, noisy from the plaza and people walking through.  

I'm trying to recall...I just don't remember there being any noise that bothered us.  (Group of 4, so we were in our own little world!)  We were way over against the windows...but if there was anything going on in the piazza you would certainly hear it since it is open to that area.

We dined there twice on the same cruise as Rick when The Catch was in its second week.

Could not fault the service nor most of the food (steer well clear of the so called crepe suzettes). The noise is somewhat dependant on where you are sat - if you are away from the Piazza and near the windows then there is very little noise.

Would not hesitate to dine there again and was, in our opinion, the best select dining venue on Sky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sat on the atrium side and didn’t find it too noisy at all and we were listening to the lady play the piano and a singer , no foot traffic because they put a barrier across one end off the walkway in the evening, we had a lovely meal and due to go on sky again next week and will be eating in the catch again.

• Like 3