New MSC Miami Cruise Terminal

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 4:05 PM, DaKahuna said:

As @Mark_T says, nice new buildings, especially ones with a spectacular design are always interesting and fun to visit.  If interesting enough, I might linger in the building jus to look around. 

I also agree that it is always nice to enjoy a beautiful new building!

I will be sailing with MSC out of Miami on the Magnifica. Haven't sailed out of Miami in years, now. Normally sail out of Canaveral, due to less congestion and proximity to my home (and my parents have about half the drive time to get to Canaveral versus Miami). 

I'm excited to see which port I'll be sailing out of in March!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Anyone have any updates on the terminal? We sail on the Seascape in September hoping it will be completed by then. 

Had friends on Seashore last month .  That World of America will be christened the same day as the new terminal in Miami maybe 4/12/25 ? MSC contracted for World Africa, World Asia and maybe a 2nd World America.  This is all courtesy of friends bending the ear of a top hotel director at the OnePool buffet.

P.S. This is all under post #308 Yacht Club vs Explora Journeys

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Had friends on Seashore last month .  That World of America will be christened the same day as the new terminal in Miami maybe 4/12/25 ? MSC contracted for World Africa, World Asia and maybe a 2nd World America.  This is all courtesy of friends bending the ear of a top hotel director at the OnePool buffet.

Wow that is quite a delay! Wasn't the terminal supposed to open 1/24 initially? April of 2025 is almost a year and a a quarter late.

11 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Wow that is quite a delay! Wasn't the terminal supposed to open 1/24 initially? April of 2025 is almost a year and a a quarter late.

Yes. The YC porter at POM said he thought summer 2024, now this report from Hotel Director, 2025.

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I certainly don’t have any direct knowledge of any construction timing, but why are folks thinking the christening date in anyway corresponds to when the terminal will be delivered and open for cruises. Certainly, the World American will be finished and sailing before a 4/12/25 christening. She has to get here from Europe somehow. 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 6:41 PM, kelleherdl said:

I certainly don’t have any direct knowledge of any construction timing, but why are folks thinking the christening date in anyway corresponds to when the terminal will be delivered and open for cruises. Certainly, the World American will be finished and sailing before a 4/12/25 christening. She has to get here from Europe somehow. 😀

I took this picture today  on my way to the beach. Looks very big and beautiful.

IMG_0671.jpeg

Edited by Isasprings

On 2/16/2024 at 3:05 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

P.S.S. This top Hotel Director told us last year while on the Seascape that he was promised World America when it rolls out. His words "World America is mine". (But we all know how 'fickle' MSC promises turn out down the road ?)