Kayaks/jet skis/windsurf/paddleboard without a BEACH CLUB fee?

Califonria cruiser

Where can we go to either rent or do a 2 hourish or less tour with kayaks, jet skis, windsurfboards, ATV's or paddleboards in Costa Maya without having to book a beach club? We are happy to pay to rent these items or pay for a short tour, but not interested in all you can eat/drink places or an all day experience.The reason for the 2 hour or less is because only part of our group wants to do these things and would like some family time at the beach with the rest of the group. Any ideas?

Jenn

2 hours ago, Califonria cruiser said:

Where can we go to either rent or do a 2 hourish or less tour with kayaks, jet skis, windsurfboards, ATV's or paddleboards in Costa Maya without having to book a beach club? We are happy to pay to rent these items or pay for a short tour, but not interested in all you can eat/drink places or an all day experience.The reason for the 2 hour or less is because only part of our group wants to do these things and would like some family time at the beach with the rest of the group. Any ideas?

Jenn

I am sure any of the multiple beach bars along the malecon will be able to arrange  a water rental through a third party. Beach bars are elbow-to-elbow along the malecon and it is a matter of picking one - although many are asking for a minimum pp purchase or AI fee these days. Krazy Lobster is easy to PAYG and regularly suggested and will have rentals.

I don’t think jet skis have been available for a number of years and I am not sure about windsurf-boards. Because of the off-shore baffles to prevent sargassum area for using the equipment can be very limited. 

ATV excursions are usually booked through the ships and go down the road out of town i believe, not sure if they go anywhere else.  La Chilanganoense usually has an ATV excursion too and might be worth contacting and  looking into for your needs, or base. They can probably arrange kayaks and paddle boards too.

These activities are all along the malecon and within walking distance of anyone who just wants to stay at one beach location. Just pick a base camp.

If you are going to Cozumel these activities are much more readily available there.

• Like 1