Hato Caves excursion

TravelGirlinDallas

36 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Has anyone done the Hato Caves excursion in Curacao?

I’ve been to the caves, not on a ship’s excursion.  They’re interesting enough.  The interior is fairly hot.  They’re not very large, the tour lasts only about as long as you’ll want it too.  The caves are close to the airport, so probably a 30 minute drive from the port. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Has anyone done the Hato Caves excursion in Curacao?

Last time we did the ABCs we rented a cab for the day. 6 of us.  $30pp.    Fun tour of the country.  He did stop at Hato Caves.   An extra few bucks to get in.   We were unsure.    Really glad we did it.    A good tour and beautiful caves.    A LOT of steps to get up  to the cave entrance.   I was only 3 months removed from a heart attack so they were an adventure.  If you have physical restrictions that may be an issue.   Otherwise we really enjoyed the caves. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2023 at 12:33 PM, zdad59 said:

Last time we did the ABCs we rented a cab for the day. 6 of us.  $30pp.    Fun tour of the country.  He did stop at Hato Caves.   An extra few bucks to get in.   We were unsure.    Really glad we did it.    A good tour and beautiful caves.    A LOT of steps to get up  to the cave entrance.   I was only 3 months removed from a heart attack so they were an adventure.  If you have physical restrictions that may be an issue.   Otherwise we really enjoyed the caves. 

I did it as a ship's excursion years ago - remember that long flight of stairs!  Fortunately it wasn't a big deal for me but I remember being surprised some of the older folks were able to do it.  Caves were very interesting, and I enjoyed the excursion.  Having seen them once, I have no need to see them again.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 12:33 PM, zdad59 said:

Did you book the cab ahead of time or get one at the port?

• Like 1