Rotterdam cabin 7004

msteries

Since I am a good sailor, I usually book a forward facing cabin up on deck 10 (with the big picture window).  Couldn’t get it this Feb. so taking 7004.  Deck plans show an open deck circling those front cabins.  Has anyone sailed in 7001-7004?  Are people waking around on that deck?

The person that posted the stateroom and gave a tour on YT said they saw a few maintenance workers during the week and that cruise passengers were not allowed:  Rotterdam and Nieuw Statendam are same class ship.

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2023 at 12:19 PM, msteries said:

Since I am a good sailor, I usually book a forward facing cabin up on deck 10 (with the big picture window).  Couldn’t get it this Feb. so taking 7004.  Deck plans show an open deck circling those front cabins.  Has anyone sailed in 7001-7004?  Are people waking around on that deck?

My friend had that same type of cabin ion a different ship and loved it.

The you tube video shows it well.  I’m glad they mentioned the curtains had to be closed at night.  It’s to avoid your light interfering with navigation.  She had to do that but didn’t mind at all.

The biggest differences between the deck 10 staterooms on non-Pinnacle and deck 7 on Pinnacle (all forward-facing are:

Deck 10 - no obstruction from the wall/railing right across from your window, no maintenance crew outside your window, no need to close the drapes at night (doesn't interfere with navigation since it's above the bridge level), and a much wider stateroom, more convenient to Crows Nest & Retreat

Deck 7 - obstructed view, possibly smaller window, crew outside your window, have to keep drapes closed at night, narrower stateroom, more convenient to the lower decks but not too far from Lido

For my money I'd book a deck 10 on the non-pinnacle ships but on a pinnacle ship I would only book facing the side of the ship (and carefully, to not be under BB Kings or other noisy venue).

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2

On 8/23/2023 at 11:19 AM, msteries said:

Hi, we stayed in this cabin, front of ship, you cannot use the balcony you see through the window, very quiet area.....the shower in this cabin has the best shower flow, would not hssitate to stay there again

• 2 weeks later...

We did a transatlantic on Rotterdam in April 23 and we were in 7005.  We enjoyed this and the cabin on the curve in front of 7005 is a Staff Cabin.  We only saw or heard the occupant once on the cruise and this was on debarking day.