PANAMAR CANAL ?

RJB

2 minutes ago, RJB said:

Does anybody  know what is going on with the Oct./Nov.  crossing   on Vista?   Will impact a lot of people if we can not go. 

Need to correct spelling.  PANAMA

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RJB said:

Does anybody  know what is going on with the Oct./Nov.  crossing   on Vista?   Will impact a lot of people if we can not go. 

There is an existing thread on Page 2 that addresses a lot of the issues with the Canal. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RJB said:

What impact are you talking about - the fact that cargo ships that do not have a reservation to go through the canal are having to wait an extended amount of time due to the lower number of ships allowed through the canal?  This has nothing to do with a cruise ship that does have a reservation for a specific day to transit....it has been discussed ad naseum in another post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I asked my O Rep yesterday about any issues/or problems that would impact our October PC transit. I was told we would be going through the new Locks and O was not aware of any specific issues that would impact our transit, we are good to go. 
We are definitely ready for our Vista inaugural with friends, can’t wait. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

4 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I asked my O Rep yesterday about any issues/or problems that would impact our October PC transit. I was told we would be going through the new Locks and O was not aware of any specific issues that would impact our transit, we are good to go. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

We are on the following (November 3) Panama Canal cruise.  The part that surprises me about what you were told is the suggestion that Vista will use the new locks.  I looked up Vista's dimensions, and it clearly is of a size where it would fit in the old (Panamax) locks as opposed to the new (NeoPanamax) locks.  That being so, it would surprise me if Vista would be using the new locks.  I am wondering if anybody else has information on this subject.

Tom & Judy

8 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

8 hours ago, TFree said:

We are on the following (November 3) Panama Canal cruise.  The part that surprises me about what you were told is the suggestion that Vista will use the new locks.  I looked up Vista's dimensions, and it clearly is of a size where it would fit in the old (Panamax) locks as opposed to the new (NeoPanamax) locks.  That being so, it would surprise me if Vista would be using the new locks.  I am wondering if anybody else has information on this subject.

Tom & Judy

A cruise ship that's within Panamax dimensions almost never uses the new locks, and would do so only under the most unusual circumstances such as a malfunction or accidental damage in the original locks.

Telephone customer service reps...and not just O's reps...are an incredibly unreliable source of information and I highly doubt that what @mauibabes was told is correct. 

Hi all, just sharing what I was told however I too was surprised about the new locks transit as I expected to be using the old locks. I guess we will see how it all plays out in October. Most important, can’t wait to sail again on Vista with friends and our O family of staff and guests. 
Enjoy, Mauibabes

11 hours ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

The definite answer is "maybe"  😉 but the new locks -- even though they are larger -- use 7% less water for a transit than do the old, and the current problem is ...not enough water, no?

Well, if my information is incorrect, and it certainly can be because it did not come from the Operations side of the house, all CC posters transiting the PC with or after us, Mea Culpa 🙏😇

Since Vista can fit thru either locks, all we need is water 👍🛳️

Definitely ready to sail on Vista October 16. See everyone at the CC M&G.

Mauibabes

• Like 3