Email for Move up

miched

This is totally idiotic

I have a SS booked for a cruise and I received a email for a move up ( formerly known as and taking the place of a upsell” ) The minimum bids don’t make any sense.

I never participate in a move up as I can’t justify spending more than I planned because it is a ‘“bargain”.   I can’t justify paying anymore than what I have already committed to and comfortable with.   I can afford it but I don’t believe in giving away money that I worked very hard for in very severe conditions.  I worked in construction and am now enjoying the fruits of my labor but am also using it wisely.   I guess you could say I am a beer,  Kielbasa, and chips type, and I do enjoy  a lot of  bourbon when watching  Film  Noir especially with Eddie Muller.  

These are the screen shots for the minimum bid and range.   The minimum bid  for the Penthouse doesn’t make any sense compared to the rest.  I know that the minimum bid doesn’t guarantee that you will get it but it seems upside down.   Must be the new bean counter’s philosophy and methods at X that may give a reason for all  of the cuts.  They probably couldn’t give change for a dollar and don’t know that 1 is less than 2. 🤗

the photo doesn’t show it but the $1100 min is for a penthouse suite.  Don’t have enough time to take another screen shot to update

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0650.png

IMG_0649.png

Edited by miched

After all the talk on these boards about bid upgrades nobody ever mentioned every category is up for bid regardless if there’s availability or not. If there’s nonsense pricing the cabin probably isn’t even available.  

Edited by tigervixxxen

3 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

After all the talk on these boards about bid upgrades nobody ever mentioned every category is up for bid regardless if there’s availability or not. If there’s nonsense pricing the cabin probably isn’t even available.  

They offer sold out categories as there is always the possibility of a last minute cancellation or no show.  We got upgraded to one of our first suites when there was a no show.

• Like 2