Vista Deck 11

Sibsie

We’re jumping ship from Celebrity and have just booked a February ‘24 cruise on Vista and a transpac on Nautica.  We’re done with massive ships and the Retreat isn’t worth the price on non Edge class. 

For the Vista cruise I wanted the extended balcony which looks to be deck 11 in a PH1. There’s scant reviews and videos online from actual passengers and I can’t find any for 11070. Does anyone have any experience in these suites?  I accept there may be some noise from being under deck 12.  I’m going to waitlist for Oceania suite as well but not holding out any hope of actually clearing it. 

Any other tips for first timers on O appreciated. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sibsie said:

We’re done with massive ships and the Retreat isn’t worth the price on non Edge class. 

@Sibsie I can NOT answer your question but I do have a question which you can choose to provide or not comment.  I am a first time Oceania guest that spent most recent cruises in another Mainstream Brands VIP area. Why did you choose to make the change?

Cruise well and enjoy every moment

4 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@Sibsie I can NOT answer your question but I do have a question which you can choose to provide or not comment.  I am a first time Oceania guest that spent most recent cruises in another Mainstream Brands VIP area. Why did you choose to make the change?

Cruise well and enjoy every moment

We usually sail Celeb Retreat. Our last cruise was on Edge. We really liked the Retreat deck itself but it felt like the ship had no soul. It was too big. There was no actual bar in the Retreat lounge and it felt like we were in an airport lounge. It was just too many passengers. We had a great butler and they gave us their “white glove service “ which was really good but the whole vibe just wasn’t us. 

We like a big cabin and “nice things” on vacation but I really feel that with the price increases on Celebrity for Retreat you can get a better experience elsewhere. We’re low key and don’t need or want to be fawned over and O seems to fit the bill.

This cruise on O is less than a comparable cruise on Celebrity. Our transpac from LAX to PPT for 18 nights in a Penthouse is considerably less than a similar Celebrity one we’d originally booked. 

We’re also going to use Regent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1