New to Celebrity - Difference between vernadah and concierge class?

DrDolphin

Hi - hubs and I are considering a Celebrity cruise in June 2024. Usually we are Disney cruisers - no kids - 2 mid-50s. Wanting a longer cruise to new places, and waiting for the new DCL ships to shift to longer itineraries. So - we started exploring options and talking to other cruise friends. Many have recommended Celebrity. So with that in mind - I started looking at a cruise to ABC in June on the Beyond. But what is the difference in cabins, etc between verandah and concierge?

Thanks!!

Terri & Chris

Concierge on Celebrity is not like Concierge on DCL. You get lunch in the MDR on boarding day (maybe--reports are that sometimes it's during the cruise), extra Captain's Club points, and on some ships, a slightly larger cabin. That's about it. Yes, there's a Concierge team, but they work limited hours and are available to more than just Concierge cabin travelers.

BTW, most "veranda" cabins on Beyond are infinite verandas: not a veranda but a window that opens.

Edited by hrhdhd

On Beyond, there are a handful of veranda cabins which have trueverandas, but the vast majority have the so-called infinite veranda, which is actually just a window that opens.  All of the concierge class cabins have the same infinite verandahs.

We’re doing a B2B on Summit. The first leg was a regular veranda, the second leg in a concierge veranda. The size of the cabins seem to be about the same. The robes in the concierge cabin are thicker, heavier, nicer. There’s a different brand of shampoo/conditioner/body wash in the shower, with a slightly larger hand-held shower head.

The location of the Concierge veranda is Deck 9 aft - right under the buffet, so there is overnight noise from carts and such - not enough to wake us from sleep, but if we’re awake anyway, we do notice it. There’s a large overhang on the veranda itself, which while technically isn’t “obstructed” is still more limited than the regular veranda, which was Deck 8 forward and had no oversized overhang.

There are complimentary afternoon snacks - hors d’oeuvres, which we haven’t liked, so we’ve asked for fruit plates instead. 

We’ve gotten an invitation to a complimentary galley tour, apparently due to concierge status? Or maybe because our travel agent is part of Distinctive Voyages, and this is one of their freebies. (The invitation mentioned both, so I’m not sure.)

Verandas count as two points per day toward Captain’s Club status, and Concierge counts as three points, if I understand correctly. 

Anytime we’d’ve asked the Concierge Desk for something, we’ve been referred to either Guest Services or to the Shore Excursion desk.

This is our first experience with Concierge, and for us it’s not worth the up-charge. Your mileage may vary. 

6 hours ago, DrDolphin said:

Hi - hubs and I are considering a Celebrity cruise in June 2024. Usually we are Disney cruisers - no kids - 2 mid-50s. Wanting a longer cruise to new places, and waiting for the new DCL ships to shift to longer itineraries. So - we started exploring options and talking to other cruise friends. Many have recommended Celebrity. So with that in mind - I started looking at a cruise to ABC in June on the Beyond. But what is the difference in cabins, etc between verandah and concierge?

Thanks!!

Terri & Chris

If you need the extra CC points, the price is the same as a standard balcony and you really must have the improved shower head go for it. Otherwise for us it's a total waste of money.

Only on M class are the cabins bigger (squarer).