We're on board now. Any questions?

YoHoHo

Glad you're having a good time.  Hint about posting with slow internet:  compose offline, then paste the post into Cruise Critic and do something else until is posts.  [Assuming the internet on Atlas doesn't charge by the minute!]

Good suggestion @Host Jazzbeau. No, the charge is not home-based but on the amount of data. We received 1 GB each with a 2 MBps bandwidth limit.

Just to add, the internet response does seemed nice dependant.  This Fire tablet, which I prefer for browsing and typing with the larger display and keyboard, sometimes will report no new mail after a refresh but my phone will pick up new mail. I had to take my phone and this tablet to Reception to get them to make the initial Wi-Fi connection. Got invalidated then just connection time out, etc. They got this tablet to connect by closing everything including all open tabs. But my old Samsung phone I had to leave with them for a few hours and they did get it connected. I was not the only one having trouble with that initial connection. Oddly on both of my devices, and at least two others I know, even after connection Fong and getting an IP address the Wi-Fi indicates connected but no internet. But it IS connected with internet. So it might appeared to be not functioning but it is.

A problem with the data allotment is there is no indication of how much is used or is left so being careful perhaps unnecessarily.

I do know two people working from the shop on their full laptops who both say it is aok.

Have to run as pulling into amazing Valletta harbour now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reunionmama said:

Which ship are you on?  Food quality?

World Navigator. Excellent. It is a small (lovely) ship that only holds <200 pax so naturally selection is less than larger ships but the quality of ingredients and production has been very good. Minor thing to most folks but this is the first time in a cruise ship I have received medium poached eggs as requested. Breads and pastries are excellent, meats very good (though a little under seasoned (S&P) for my liking but less salt on a cruise ship is usually welcomed), full range of fresh and interesting items on salads at lunch though veggies are a little scarce at dinner. Separate page of offerings of vegan / vegetarian items.  

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Atlas is owned by a Portuguese company.  Does the cuisine or any other onboard culture reflect that unique background?  [Getting down to it:  do they have pasteis de nata?] 

No, not a Portuguese culture on board. Very international staff from 26(?) countries. Nuno, the Hotel Manager is Portuguese and a wonderful host ensuring everyone is always taken care of whether one needs more attention than others or prefers little attention. 

But yes, they did offer pasteis de nata but just the one time. The dinner menus can be themed or several times had an additional local specialty of the port visited also offerred.

• Thanks 1

We're docked in Syracuse today. The small bridge to Ortygia is right at the exit from our port so could not have been docked better. 

It is cooler this morning. That is to say not blazing hot and humid. Warm but comfortable having breakfast on the fantail so was optimistic for our walkabout. Out by 9, around much of Ortygia seeing highlights and scouting out beaches for a return swim in the afternoon. Back by 11 and it now much hotter and humid. So an afternoon dip in the oh so clear blue sea will be welcome. Appears mostly locals on the rocky beaches, I will stand out I am sure.