Barcelona - Taxis from Moll Adossat Terminals A, B, C, and D?

funtastic

We shall be on the QE when she is on her Mediterranean runs this season.

Does anyone know from experience whether there are waiting taxis at the ship side when she docks at one of the Terminals A, B, C, or D at the Moll Adosssat in Barcelona?

I know for a fact that there is a paid shuttle to and from the Terminals to a point near the Monument a Colom.

We didn't see any ranked taxis when we were on our cruise last September, but we had a car booked to take us from Terminal D to our hotel post cruise, so wasn't really looking out for them, but there wasn't an obvious rank.

There are usually some taxis at each of the terminal, but they are first come first serve.  You might find yourself waiting in a taxi queue until a few taxis return to the port and there is no way to know how long you will wait.  There is also a public bus line that stops at the port (along the sea wall) and most ships operate some kind of shuttle service.  My advice is that if you are going to depend on getting a taxi, also have a "Plan B" in case the taxi situation is bad.  DW and I have often walked into town and likely beat those waiting in taxi or shuttle bus queues.  We only recommend that walk for "walkers" who enjoy a long stroll :).

Hank

We were in Barcelona at the beginning of August. We docked about 7 and we got off at 9.15 for our ticket time to Park Guell at 10.15.

Right outside was a very very long queue for the shuttle buses both local and ship paid. To the left was a line of about 15 taxis so we were away from the ship very quickly.

Thank you Malleykatt.

Do you know the earliest time self-disembarkation was allowed?  ie self-carriage of our own luggage. 

Like you, we will dock at 7am, but we want to zip away as early as possible for our homebound flight.

17 hours ago, funtastic said:

Thank you Malleykatt.

Do you know the earliest time self-disembarkation was allowed?  ie self-carriage of our own luggage. 

Like you, we will dock at 7am, but we want to zip away as early as possible for our homebound flight.

Barcelona normally clears ships in less than 30 minutes (after the gangway is in place).  So, if your ship is docked on time you might expect to be able to go ashore around 7:30.  Dragging your own luggage at the Moll Adossat terminals means a pretty long walk, but very doable with escalators and elevators.  

Thanks Hlitner. I expect the QE will dock Barcelona on sched as she sails from Valencia, just a whisker away.

We normally self-disembark, and will be ordering a private car from the Terminal to the airport in this case.

• 1 month later...

I just returned home after QE docked at Barcelona, so I shall answer my original question on this thread for the benefit of all.

Yes, there are a few black-and-yellow taxis in the queue for arrival traffic. The is a signage nearby indicating a fixed fare to BCN airport at Euros39. I had already booked a private transfer for Euros46, though.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the update funtastic, glad you found it straightforward.  Who did you book your private transfer with? I will be disembarking a cruise in Barcelona next year and am already planning ahead!

Hello KJBL,

I booked with Jayride, a booking website, who farmed it to one of their associates Royal Falcon. The experience with RF was not satisfactory, as you may read from my review.

The driver was waiting at Terminal B, notwithstanding the fact I messaged RF the day before my arrival that my ship will be docking at Terminal D. My message was definitely received by RF, but was not relayed to the driver.

We were stressed, but fortunately made it to the airport just about on time, which was why I booked the private transfer in the first place.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2023 at 4:58 AM, funtastic said:

We shall be on the QE when she is on her Mediterranean runs this season.

Does anyone know from experience whether there are waiting taxis at the ship side when she docks at one of the Terminals A, B, C, or D at the Moll Adosssat in Barcelona?

I know for a fact that there is a paid shuttle to and from the Terminals to a point near the Monument a Colom.

Hello

There are some "taxi drivers union" in Barcelona for services and you can call them

One out of them is

https://radiotaxi033.com/

so, just dial

+34 933 033 033

and ask for a taxi

You will have to start paying since taxi location in the moment you call. This is, you ask for a taxi. A phone agent request in their system. System looks for nearest taxi for you. Let's suppose it is in Las Ramblas. You will have to pay for Las Ramblas - Barcelona port - your destination. 

It is not so much and it really worths if you do not find a taxi. Just be awared if you see a different quantity

Barcelona taxi fares

Fix rate: 2,55 euro

Variable rate: 1,23 euro/km on weekdays or 1,51 euro/km on night and weekends

Supplements: 4,50 euro for departure/arrival port. 4,50 for departure/arrival airport, 2,50 for departure station (free for arrival)

and some euro more for time it is stopped (hard to explain, but time waiting in traffic lights or so will add some euro)

No doubt... any black car with some yellow pieces is a taxi in Barcelona.