Southwest airlines lower price

sydney dog

On 8/27/2023 at 2:35 PM, sydney dog said:

Just wanted everyone to check SW prices today.  I got $54.00 back per person on my flight home 10/22/23.

To be fair, every flight (and pretty much every seat) is going to be dynamic pricing. Yours came down $54, which is great, but someone else's random DAL-ABQ flight may have gone up $100, and someone else's SEA-MDW flight may have gone down $100. It's all dynamic based on that exact moment and that exact flight, so each person's experience is likely going to be different. But I'm glad you got your $54...always feels good, doesn't it?

I always, always recommend checking reservations regularly if there's any way to get money back. And not just flights...rental cars and hotels change too, which is why I often avoid pre-paying those. For example, I have a big family vacation coming up and booked a rental car months ago for $850. I've rebooked four times since then and it's now down to $300 for the same car. But few people think about re-checking prices on cars. 

29 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

AutoSlash.  And HotelSlash.

I just do a simple search on the website of the vendor I booked with. I book pretty much everything directly with the vendor (or, sometimes, Costco for things like rental cars) so it's pretty easy to just do that. 

8 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

I just do a simple search on the website of the vendor I booked with. I book pretty much everything directly with the vendor (or, sometimes, Costco for things like rental cars) so it's pretty easy to just do that. 

This is even easier.  You just give them your reservation details and they automatically search for better prices on a regular basis (I think daily or less than that).  Then, if a better price shows up, they send an email.  And it works for searching Costco too.