Bali beach

preston

12 hours ago, hallasm said:

You’ll tender to Benoa - I took a taxi from the pier to the beach at Kuta. 
Is it your first visit to Bali?

yes .We will have a driver for eight hours the first dayand would like a nice beach to relax at

6 minutes ago, preston said:

We will have a driver for eight hours the first dayand would like a nice beach to relax at

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. We did the same.
Have you considered contacting your driver and getting his recommendation.

• 2 months later...

We spent the night in Sanur, a beach that's not terribly far from the airport (Denpasar), maybe a half hour, and not too far from Benoa port  It has a reputation as a fairly quiet beach for the somewhat older crowd.  And we had our driver pick us up the next morning, so didn't do much more than just walk up and down the modest beach boardwalk.  We enjoyed it, but we don't know what the other beaches are like, so can't really say if we'd recommend it or not.  It's my understanding that the beaches west of the port are more lively, younger, etc. I suppose it depends upon what else, if anything, you want to see in Bali.  My focus was the Ubud area, and sightseeing rather than beach time. And I didn't really want a very resorty area, so Sanur was perfect.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds like Nusa Dua beach could be a good option since it's close to where you'll be tendering. Have you asked your driver for some recommendations as well? They'll know the local beaches best. Sanur also sounds nice and relaxed if you want something a bit quieter. Definitely seems like location will depend on whether you want a resort area or not too. Hope you enjoy your first visit to Bali!