Do you do afternoon tea?

sunsetme

1 hour ago, Kabuki12 said:

I want to try this!   So many different teas to choose from in the drawers. Would be tough to pick out which kind. 

Here are some photos of it. They choose the tea for each course, not you, but they were great. This was back in 2017 so things might have changed.....

P1040141.JPG

P1040143.JPG

P1040144.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

Here are some photos of it. They choose the tea for each course, not you, but they were great. This was back in 2017 so things might have changed.....

P1040141.JPG

P1040143.JPG

P1040144.JPG

Snazzy! I did not know that there were different courses and the tea served matched to the course like a wine and food pairing! .  Love the pictures. Am definitely going to try the next time I sail Royal. 

4 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

That looks delish! I don't remember ours being anything like that at all. 

This is the Royal Tea. Held once during the week on the Royal Class ships only. It was a $10pp charge but well worth it. Not sure if they are still doing it since covid.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can request:

coffee

tea bags of your choice

hot water/lemon

Which brands of tea do they serve? I can't stand flavoured teas and always drink  'gumboot' tea aka very strong English breakfast tea.

And is the tea made with boiling water???

• Like 1

Just now, Korimako said:

Which brands of tea do they serve? I can't stand flavoured teas and always drink  'gumboot' tea aka very strong English breakfast tea.

And is the tea made with boiling water???

They have English Breakfast tea.  I know Princess was dinged for not having really ht water.  I think that has improved.  Not sure since I am not a tea drinker.

You can always bring a tea bag from the buffet and ask for hot-hot water.  Or bring your own tea bag.

42 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

This is the Royal Tea. Held once during the week on the Royal Class ships only. It was a $10pp charge but well worth it. Not sure if they are still doing it since covid.

1 hour ago, Kabuki12 said:

Snazzy! I did not know that there were different courses and the tea served matched to the course like a wine and food pairing! .  Love the pictures. Am definitely going to try the next time I sail Royal. 

I did the Royal Tea on the Regal back in April 2018 and I know that it was more than $10pp at that time, though I'm not sure what the price is now. We were seated in the Piazza in the elevated booth area and there were about nine of us in my group. Delicious! 

In 2019, I attempted to do this again with some friends on the Royal, but we were told there wasn't enough interest from people on the ship to justify holding a session for us to attend. I imagine this would've been much like if not enough people signed up for the ship to do a Chef's Table. Post-restart, I have inquired about doing this again or putting my name on a list to express interest, but I was told that they hadn't started doing it again. Hopefully this has changed! 

Of note, the Princess website says the Royal Tea is only held on the Royal, Regal, Enchanted, Sky, and Diamond Princess ships. 

image.thumb.jpeg.55867b2f75c211b6574e938597c5b155.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ac7c60c1921892c84ebff0a8632f205d.jpeg