Which Specialty dining on Solstice question

Jandex

Hi all, we are sailing Celebrity for the first time (usually sail RCI). We are on the Solstice Transpacific from Honolulu to Sydney, and are really looking forward to it. 
As we are onboard for 17 nights I was a bit concerned about getting bored with the MDR.  
Usually on longer cruises we purchase a 3 night specialty dining package. This is not available on our cruise. 
We saw the prices for individual specialty restaurants and the prices are higher than what we were expecting.  
So, of the specialty venues onboard - Murano, Le Petit Chef, Sushi on Five or Tuscan Grille which would be the one that you would recommend? 
We love most cuisines. 
Thanks. J 

This was our best cruise ever! Fantastic time…

Look out for dining package offers on line or when you board…Recommend with the length of your cruise you give them all a go!

Murano, traditional speciality dining, quality food and excellent service with that added bit of drama of table side preparation. Our favourite.

Tuscan Grill, a steak and pasta venue with great wake views, ideal to sit there as you leave a port and slowly watch the land fade into the distance…

LPC, fun rather than fine dining. If you haven’t experienced before it is worth doing but most people find once is enough…

Sushi on five, much more on offer than just sushi. We often enjoy on a sea day lunch rather than in the evening…

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islabahia said:

But it sure doesn’t hurt to check….

You are correct of course. We have three sailings booked of which only one is having the Flash Sale. Our 17 night Trans-Pacific sailing (Apr 2025) was unaffected. 

Thank you all for your very quick and helpful responses! I looked last night on the website- no sale…….  I’ve just looked now and guess what? A flash sale! 
I can’t wait to try these restaurants. 
Happy sailing everyone!! 

• Like 2

We ate at Tuscan Grille this July (Alaska) and were underwhelmed. Other than the wake view (table for two right at the window), it was no better than the MDR in terms of food or service. Disappointing for the price.

17 hours ago, Jandex said:

Hi all, we are sailing Celebrity for the first time (usually sail RCI). We are on the Solstice Transpacific from Honolulu to Sydney, and are really looking forward to it. 
As we are onboard for 17 nights I was a bit concerned about getting bored with the MDR.  
Usually on longer cruises we purchase a 3 night specialty dining package. This is not available on our cruise. 
We saw the prices for individual specialty restaurants and the prices are higher than what we were expecting.  
So, of the specialty venues onboard - Murano, Le Petit Chef, Sushi on Five or Tuscan Grille which would be the one that you would recommend? 
We love most cuisines. 
Thanks. J 

Hello, I am on this sailing too! Stop by the roll call if you haven’t already.

If you had to pick one I’d take Tuscan Grill but they each have their perks. We are doing Tuscan and Murano. I’m saving Sushi on 5 for emergency purposes, the fact you can get in at lunch as well means not really a must to plan that one ahead. There also is apparently a Murano lunch on our sailing which could be another option. Eating in the MDR 15+ times I definitely hear you on fear of burnout. 

On 8/30/2023 at 5:43 AM, Jandex said:

We love most cuisines. 
Thanks. J 

Hello - we are on the same cruise! Glad to see you were able to book it on the Flash Sale. Murano is our favorite. I am not a dessert person but the souffles at Murano are incredible! 

3 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

Hello - we are on the same cruise! Glad to see you were able to book it on the Flash Sale. Murano is our favorite. I am not a dessert person but the souffles at Murano are incredible! 

The Grand Marnier soufflé is lovely but I love the smell and the theatre when they make the ballon rouge!

• Like 2

I would eat every meal at Murano if they let me (or I paid for it). I wouldn't go anywhere else other than Sushi on Five (that is a la carte). I know people like the light show in Petite but I don't think the food warrants the up charge and Tuscan is just OK, very heavy dinner. JMHO.

If there are any dining packages that are longer, they are usually better value, we have purchased a six night one for our 13 night cruise, we plan to do them all at least once, but for Murano definitely twice. Its fantastic. 
Your cruise sounds wonderful have a great time! 

17 hours ago, chemmo said:

The Grand Marnier soufflé is lovely but I love the smell and the theatre when they make the ballon rouge!

Crepe Balon Rouge is my husband’s absolute favourite dessert. Its wondeful to sit and watch them cook! Now I know how my kids feel at home 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

I would eat every meal at Murano if they let me (or I paid for it). I wouldn't go anywhere else other than Sushi on Five (that is a la carte). I know people like the light show in Petite but I don't think the food warrants the up charge and Tuscan is just OK, very heavy dinner. JMHO.

We have been lucky enough to have booked a RS a few times and the included speciality restaurants really is a bonus. We tend to book Tuscan on nights where we are leaving a port and Murano most of the rest…On a few cruises the speciality staff have been kind enough to make us a ‘special’ when they have realised we have had 3+ bookings. I will never forget the smell of the Steak Diane prepared table side….Wonderful!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chemmo said:

On a few cruises the speciality staff have been kind enough to make us a ‘special’ when they have realised we have had 3+ bookings. I will never forget the smell of the Steak Diane prepared table side….Wonderful!

We have had that experience as well, your waiter wasn't called Walter by any chance?

When we were on Silhouette right after cruising restarted we had multiple Murano bookings and Walter offered to prepare something different so we let him surprise us with his own choice of an amazing Steak Diane, old school for sure but really very good indeed.

Edited by Mark_T

32 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

We have had that experience as well, your waiter wasn't called Walter by any chance?

When we were on Silhouette right after cruising restarted we had multiple Murano bookings and Walter offered to prepare something different so we let him surprise us with his own choice of an amazing Steak Diane, old school for sure but really very good indeed.

I think it was the M’D (Marco?) who suggested we chose a few specials on the Eclipse. Another he did for us was a crepe Suzette…When we boarded again in Barcelona he greeted us as old friends and had arranged a special starter for us that first night! Such happy memories…

• Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 11:03 AM, KellyCz said:

We ate at Tuscan Grille this July (Alaska) and were underwhelmed. Other than the wake view (table for two right at the window), it was no better than the MDR in terms of food or service. Disappointing for the price.

Wow

What sailing were you on? We were onboard for July 28th, and it was exceptional, all the way around. We ate there  2 dinners and the lunch special. Everyone in our party of 5 enjoyed it thoroughly.

I will admit the lunch special was pricey.

Cheers

On 8/31/2023 at 12:48 AM, tigervixxxen said:

Hello, I am on this sailing too! Stop by the roll call if you haven’t already.

If you had to pick one I’d take Tuscan Grill but they each have their perks. We are doing Tuscan and Murano. I’m saving Sushi on 5 for emergency purposes, the fact you can get in at lunch as well means not really a must to plan that one ahead. There also is apparently a Murano lunch on our sailing which could be another option. Eating in the MDR 15+ times I definitely hear you on fear of burnout. 

yes

they do an awesome job with the lunch specials, we ate at both lunch specials offered on our Alaska cruise (Tuscan & Murano). Two totally different , but each very good in their respective ways.

On 9/1/2023 at 6:28 AM, highway180 said:

Wow

What sailing were you on? We were onboard for July 28th, and it was exceptional, all the way around. We ate there  2 dinners and the lunch special. Everyone in our party of 5 enjoyed it thoroughly.

I will admit the lunch special was pricey.

Cheers

We were on the same sailing! I wish we'd had your luck. 
We waited at least 10 minutes for anyone to come to our table. When our waiter arrived, he said, "The sommelier has been here, yes?" He was quite surprised when we said no, not yet. It was maybe another 5 minutes before she finally did arrive. After that, service was fine, but not exceptional. Our MDR sommelier and waiter that week were far more prompt and attentive.
Our food was fine, but nothing special. Being from the Midwest, I know a good steak, so I admit my expectations for a thick, juicy steak are high! But mine was a thin piece of meat that I would expect from Chili's or some other chain...not from the specialty restaurant we had splurged on for our anniversary dinner.

• Thanks 1