Back-to-Back Process

BeeeJay

I have a couple questions related to back-to-back Caribbean bookings on MSC Seascape (non-yacht club) and greatly appreciate the input of experienced MSC cruisers as this will be my first foray!

I have back-to-back 14 and 13 day bookings and within those bookings there is also a stop in Miami at the end of each week.   I'll be switching rooms between the back-to-backs, but staying in the same room on the mid-trip stops.

I am wondering what the process for re-boarding will be in each of these instances.  My plan is to play golf in Miami at a course within 30 minutes of the port, and I need to be able to leave my luggage on the ship, take my golf clubs with me, and have about a 6 hour window from departure to return.

First question is what is the process for each of those re-boarding situations, end of trip room change, and mid-trip stop in Miami?

Second question is what time am I able to be off the ship in the morning and what time must I be back on the ship in the afternoon?

Trying to determine if this is a realistic plan for those days or if I would be better just hanging around the ship.

Thanks for any input, it is greatly appreciated!!!

How close together are your cabins?   Let me tell you how it is supposed to happen.  The evening before turnaround day, you should get a letter explaining the process, where to meet and when, and some green tags for back to back baggage if you are changing cabins.  I don’t know if you have to pack up, or if you can leave the hanging stuff for your cabin steward to move.  I did a B2B this month on Seaside, and changed cabins.  But my new cabin was only four down the hall, and had the same attendant.  She cleaned the new cabin early so I could move it.

As I said, that’s what should happen.  I never got the papers or tags.  Nothing.  I made at least four trips to guest services and they kept saying I would get them.  Finally, they gave me a copy of the letter, and the green tags.  There was a separate section of the guest services desk that had a sign for continuing cruisers.  That’s where you go to get your new cabin cards.  We met in a lounge and when all groups had been called, they came and got us and walked us off, through immigration and back on.  There were 19 of us, half were contract engineer crew.  
  There are instructions in case you want to go ashore instead of waiting for all debarking guests to clear.  They will give you a little card sized paper like an in transit pass to avoid checkin when you return.  
 I will include a pic of what I was supposed to get…which showed up on my bed in the new cabin in the afternoon of turnaround day.  I think it was failure of cabin steward to deliver…

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

• Thanks 1

It looks like each of your 14 & 13 day cruises are sold also as two shorter cruises.  If that is the case, you should be able to treat the intermediate stops in Miami as a port day, leaving as an early walkoff.  I would ask guest services for the consecutive cruiser pass to get back on.  You would still have to go through security, and I believe they want you back onboard two hours before leaving port.  But you would need to ask about that at guest services.  EM

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for that super helpful info!

I don’t think my rooms are that close but I’m fine just packing it all up in my suitcases and unpacking once every two weeks.  I’m assuming on the middle week I just leave everything.  

it also sounds like I’ll easily be able to get off the ship early enough to play.  I think if I can get 8am-2pm or 9am-3pm it gives me plenty of extra time.