Message about visas for Canada, what does it mean?

mugtech

Getting on Sky Friday out of Baltimore to Quebec and doing b2b coming back to Baltimore.  Received a NCL email today titled important Canada visa update.  Unfortunately the attached letter will not show itself or print.  I posted this problem on the Roll Call, but does anyone know what the message Said? I was under the impression that since we are arriving and leaving by ship, not spending any time post cruise in Canada, that we do not need e-visas or any other kind of visas.  Any information on this topic would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

if you are a us citizen, visa is not needed

visa is only needed for those people in international countries 

Or those traveling on business etc. As a Canadian I get a visa sometimes when I enter the US.

visitor entering Canada from certain countries need visas. US does not but one thing to note is Canada will turn away Americans with certain criminal convictions that some may consider minor but in Canada are taken more seriously. Otherwise Americans entering Canada is easy. 

• Thanks 1

Basically the letter just has a link to the Canadian immigration service to check if you need an eTA. Every country is different, if I was flying to Canada I’d need an eTA but just visiting on a port of call for a cruise I don’t. As I’m from Ireland I don’t need a visa to visit Canada anyway but folks from other countries may. The page the weblink goes to has a series of questions to determine if you will need an eTA, visa, both or neither. They know not everyone on the cruise is necessarily a US citizen so NCL have to send out the notice for that reason. 

• Thanks 1