Beware Canadians Travelling to Egypt - New Process for Visa

CDNPolar

Just to put this topic to rest, i did recieve a call from the Egyptai Embassy in Ottawa, (I know, amazing they actually called me back)  and the consulate desk informed me that "if you are not getting off the ship no visa is required. You will be covered by the ship's transit visa".

I would have liked to get it in writing but that would have been pushing it

.That pretty much confirms what my TA says, as well as correspondence i recieved from MSC here in Canada.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ovsa said:

Just to put this topic to rest, i did recieve a call from the Egyptai Embassy in Ottawa, (I know, amazing they actually called me back)  and the consulate desk informed me that "if you are not getting off the ship no visa is required. You will be covered by the ship's transit visa".

.That pretty much confirms what my TA says, as well as correspondence i recieved from MSC here in Canada.

Does this mean if you are getting off the ship (for an excursion) that you do need a visa? 

23 hours ago, Ovsa said:

Also what Regent Seven Seas has told me.  Thanks for sharing.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, SeaandSky5 said:

Does this mean if you are getting off the ship (for an excursion) that you do need a visa? 

Yes,  that is the way I understood it from the staff at the consulate. Dont be surprised if it changes though. Others have said as long as you return to the ship the same day you can visit.  Just be prepared for either or.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2023 at 7:00 AM, WhiteRockMike said:

Yes, will do.  But a couple of caveats:

1. This will be after November 19th (when we board), so by that time it will be too late to get the $25 eVisa that you can now purchase up to October 1st.

2. As we’ve seen from responses on this thread, some cruise lines will get transit visas for their Canadian guests and some won’t.  So you still need to check if your cruise line says they will or won’t.

As promised, here was our experience.  we are currently on Seabourn Encore and visited Safaga Egypt yesterday. As Seabourn had promised, they cleared the ship into Egypt early yesterday morning, and we picked up our passports from them at 6:30am, complete with Egyptian stamp, to start our excursion to Luxor.  No fuss and no cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1