Hotels and restaurants

MR_BUTCHIE

On 8/30/2023 at 1:44 PM, MR_BUTCHIE said:

I would really appreciate some recommendations on hotels and some good eating spots in the French Quarter for a day or two before our cruise

Question is way too broad-- there are hundreds of restaurants and hotels. What's your budget for a hotel? What do you like to eat? It's really impossible to make a good rec for either without some additional info from you.

Broadly speaking, if cost isn't a concern, my favorite hotels in the Quarter are The Ritz Carlton, The Windsor Court, The Roosevelt Waldorf-Astoria, and the Hotel Monteleone-- in that order. 

A lot of the best restaurants in town are actually outside the French Quarter. If you've never been to New Orleans before going to dinner at Commander's Palace in the Garden District is a great experience. Take a short Uber ride up to Treme to Willie Maes Scotch House for some of the best fried chicken of your life or nearby to Dooky Chase for dinner. 

Inside the Quarter jazz brunch at Arnaud's is a favorite with table side flambé desserts. Brennan's and Antoine's are old school classics. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:08 AM, princeton123211 said:

Question is way too broad-- there are hundreds of restaurants and hotels. What's your budget for a hotel? What do you like to eat? It's really impossible to make a good rec for either without some additional info from you.

Broadly speaking, if cost isn't a concern, my favorite hotels in the Quarter are The Ritz Carlton, The Windsor Court, The Roosevelt Waldorf-Astoria, and the Hotel Monteleone-- in that order. 

A lot of the best restaurants in town are actually outside the French Quarter. If you've never been to New Orleans before going to dinner at Commander's Palace in the Garden District is a great experience. Take a short Uber ride up to Treme to Willie Maes Scotch House for some of the best fried chicken of your life or nearby to Dooky Chase for dinner. 

Inside the Quarter jazz brunch at Arnaud's is a favorite with table side flambé desserts. Brennan's and Antoine's are old school classics. 

Willie Mae’s has actually been closed since April due to a fire. They plan to re-open but I don’t know when.