Noordam in Juneau on September 1, 2023

leerathje

So, let me start off by saying I’m unsure of this sail in schedule.  My Juneau Harbour PDF shows that the Jewel and NG Sea Bird are in Juneau tomorrow.  However, Cruisetimetables does not, so take ships and berthing below with a grain of salt!

ms Noordam will be at FKL dock from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, and she is on a 7 day Glacier Discovery Southbound

image.jpeg.ed20a782b8300cc899d2b44f209e77dc.jpeg

National Geographic Sea Bird is at ICT dock (6:00 am to 11:00 pm) Celebrity Eclipse at AS dock (7:30 am to 8:00 pm) Oceania Regatta at CT dock (1:00 pm to 11:00 pm), and Norwegian Jewel at AJD dock (2:00 pm to 9:00 pm)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Next up:  Volendam September 1, 2023.

Leanne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hurrying into September, are we?? 😂  😂  Anyway it is posted on correct day of the week.

Juneau seems to be having quite a few last minute changes - which don't get posted. As long as the BHBs show up as predicted - I can live with the other ships being iffy.

• Haha 1

It will be a hectic sail-in.  Sea Bird is almost to the Gastineau, Noordam is on  the other side of Douglas Island about the latitude of Thane, and Eclipse is close behind but far faster.

Cruisetimetables is wrong today.  They show NCL Jewel in BOTH Juneau and Skagway tomorrow.

I've always thought this class of Celebrity ship was ugly - until they brought out Edge-class. This class looks like a hull with an erector set-built top just set on top of the hull - but it does look to have a wide promenade deck  😄

• Like 1

I wanted to add some background on NG Sea Bird which I sailed in 2001.  The ship is SMALL with a current maximum capacity of 70 passengers and her  itineraries are not listed in Cruisetimetables.  Away from the Alaska season I think typical itineraries are Columbia and Snake rivers (my cruise) and the Sea of Cortez.

She attracts little attention and typically docks at ICT, the Inside Cruise Terminal, literally across the pier from bigger ships.  Here's a screenshot of her today with Regatta.  I think the diagram is a pretty good indication of the relative size of the ships.

Capture.JPG.f6bab59c52052a449ef13ac66d2969fd.JPG

Roy

• Thanks 2