Butler Team Service in SS - Please Post Current Cruisers Comments on your Experience.

JDPCruisers

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

I can’t eat fish or any sea food so Luminae options are limited and now with the kids filet gone, it is worse.  On E class, where our next 5 booking are, ordering from the MDR isn’t an option.  Number 1 reason for me was the Sun Deck and 2 was the butler, Lounge #3.    

This will be an issue for us as well. Our next X cruise is on the Edge and seafood is out for us. I hate to book more specialty dining restaurants. Hopefully X will make some changes to the Luminae menus if the negative feedback heats up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The beet salad they serve on a small spoon? It's shocking me to that something so tiny can so incredibly disgusting. It takes like a mouthful of dirt. 

Too funny, I thought I was the only one who thought beets tasted like dirt.  Even though I have never had dirt. 🤣

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The beet salad they serve on a small spoon? It's shocking me to that something so tiny can so incredibly disgusting. It takes like a mouthful of dirt. 

Is this my wife posting under your username on CC? 😂

53 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

This will be an issue for us as well. Our next X cruise is on the Edge and seafood is out for us. I hate to book more specialty dining restaurants. Hopefully X will make some changes to the Luminae menus if the negative feedback heats up.

The inability to order off the MDR menu in Luminae on E-Class ships is one of the main reasons we have only sailed once on and E-Class ships, Edge Feb 2020. 

19 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

That's an interesting thought. I do not want to short change the room stewards, aka Retreat Hosts, but if we are not getting the same level of service as higher level suites, why would we still be asked to pay the same amount of gratuities?

Very good question 

17 minutes ago, verizon said:

I always get my laundry back the next day but with the retreat host it always took 2 days.

Which is what it takes with any cabin.  We always come in several days ahead of our cruise so quick laundry turn-around in the beginning is important to us.  A small thing in the scheme of things, but when many, many small things happen that becomes a big thing!

3 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

While I agree the menu continues to be limited (not sure why but not sure it'll change either), I'm disappointed/saddened so many others haven't had the experience I have.  I can't eat gluten and the rest of my family don't eat fish/shellfish/pork.  But I think with only one exception, we've had fantastic meals there--twice on the Edge (which is the only E-class ship we've sailed on). That's a bummer for sure.   I wholeheartedly agree that your waitstaff (and to an extent your cabin hierarchy) plays a large role in your dining experience.