Panorama room 5205

lbfluffy

Our cruise is in December. I originally booked room 5230, Havana inside  cabin. Well I read  many people recommending the sideway cabins. I switched to room 5205. My husband is not happy I did that. He says we are now farther away from the bar by the pool. I know I should have consulted. Well hopefully I picked a good cabin. It’s not like we will be in there all the time. Anyone been in the sideway cabins? I can’t change now. 
Thank you 

Actually, on that side you are closer to the bar because there is not an exit to the Havana bar at the back.  You have to walk out towards ocean plaza and enter the bar from the public area.  If you were on the even side there is a back exit, (private) to the Havana bar.

• Like 2

I stayed in 5205 on the Horizon. It is seriously a 1 minute or less walk to the pool. You are very close to the Havana area. Not a big deal. Not a huge time savings to be any closer. We loved the sideways cabin because we got the cost savings of an interior Havana without the thumping bass and potential for sound coming through the walls from the loud Cuban music they play at night until midnight-ish, which would have really disturbed us. 5205 is also very close to the coffee bar and ocean plaza bar. I found it to be an awesome location.

We actually booked 5205 again for our next cruise. I think you will enjoy it. 

• Like 3

On 8/31/2023 at 12:49 PM, jeneexo said:

I stayed in 5205 on the Horizon. It is seriously a 1 minute or less walk to the pool. You are very close to the Havana area. Not a big deal. Not a huge time savings to be any closer. We loved the sideways cabin because we got the cost savings of an interior Havana without the thumping bass and potential for sound coming through the walls from the loud Cuban music they play at night until midnight-ish, which would have really disturbed us. 5205 is also very close to the coffee bar and ocean plaza bar. I found it to be an awesome location.

We actually booked 5205 again for our next cruise. I think you will enjoy it. 

Did you get any noise from backing onto the elevators? I'm contemplating this cabin for a cruise in 2024. Only other option is 5230, which seems to be closer to the bar/pool area via the back door, but I can sometimes be an early bird, so not sure I'd be happy with the music from the bar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ctlyf said:

Did you get any noise from backing onto the elevators? I'm contemplating this cabin for a cruise in 2024. Only other option is 5230, which seems to be closer to the bar/pool area via the back door, but I can sometimes be an early bird, so not sure I'd be happy with the music from the bar.

Nope. I was worried about the elevators but no noise at all. It was silent the whole trip. I think 5230 puts you at highest risk for noise at night because it's the closest to the band. I would rather walk 30 more seconds every day than hear noise night after night, but that's just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1