Current Options for Explora Canceled Cruises

sasejm

Here is what I just received in an email.

Option 1 - Rebook a new journey -

“Move to another journey and receive a 30% Future Journey Credit for the full value of the current Journey.”

“Please take up to 30 days to decide.”

“Details on the new itineraries for EXPLORA II will be revealed in approximately 2 weeks.”

Option 2 - Cancellation

"Clients will receive a full refund of the funds paid for their Journey."

"No Future Journey credit."

• Thanks 2

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Current Options for Explora Canceled Cruises
24 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

So if the full value of your current journey is $10k you would receive FJC of $3K even if your cancelled trip is made up of previous FJC and cash payment and/or price adjustment ?

My read on it is 30% of the full price of the canceled cruise, regardless of how you paid for it. I don't know what FJC is but in any case, you can Call: 0 800 031 8935 to verify your specific situation.

15 hours ago, frankhi said:

Ok, thanks. So, if my memory stinks, E2 itineraries are former E1 ones with some additions and the odd 4 nighter sampler cruises removed in favor of 7-11 night cruises? Less prone to booze cruises and more profitable on the shore excursions and other extras. There are some interesting itineraries out there. Quite nice to see Portimão on the new list, but many luxe lines do stop there either!

Let us see: There are 2 itineraries that might to capture my attention: The one that calls in Monte Carlo and the ones that call in Lisbon an Portimão. Lisbon to Barcelona, well, easy flights from Lisbon nonetheless...

I’m still disappointed our original Rome to Venice to Athens on Explora II disappeared, but our alternate Rome to Barcelona to Barcelona on Explora II is still pretty much intact. I’m having my TA explore that rebooking as an Extended Journey.

22 hours ago, sasejm said:

My read on it is 30% of the full price of the canceled cruise, regardless of how you paid for it. I don't know what FJC is but in any case, you can Call: 0 800 031 8935 to verify your specific situation.

Be careful we still can’t get confirmation of that re the inaugural they cancelled with only 7-10 day’s warning. 
They’re absolutely intransigent in recognising the negative impact of that one for non travel agent guests 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Have you seen any prices ? Wonder what happens if you paid in full and the 30% FJC means the total is less than already paid 

My UK TA ( who knew nothing about this until we contacted them this afternoon) said this 

From what I am advised the FCC is based on 30% of your current £xxxx and you have 30 days to transfer to any new booking with full refund of any unused amount.  You don’t have to pay in full if you just want to book with deposit.  You can select ANY Explora Journey, not just the replacement voyage. All other JEC (OBC) will remain as per the original booking

Just to add our TA was on her way to a cruise holiday, her company had had no contact from Explora but within an hour she had called them, emailed us and a refund was being processed back onto the CC. And she still had time to post photos on her FB sitting on hotel balcony with a glass of champagne😀

1 hour ago, jo-b said:

My UK TA ( who knew nothing about this until we contacted them this afternoon) said this 

From what I am advised the FCC is based on 30% of your current £xxxx and you have 30 days to transfer to any new booking with full refund of any unused amount.  You don’t have to pay in full if you just want to book with deposit.  You can select ANY Explora Journey, not just the replacement voyage. All other JEC (OBC) will remain as per the original booking

Just to add our TA was on her way to a cruise holiday, her company had had no contact from Explora but within an hour she had called them, emailed us and a refund was being processed back onto the CC. And she still had time to post photos on her FB sitting on hotel balcony with a glass of champagne😀

Wow! Please let us know when you get your refund. 

8 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Wow! Please let us know when you get your refund. 

They told her it would take 7-10 days which she didn’t know if it was working days, I got a text from her to say that Explora had got back to her to say they had started the refund process. So 🤞🤞

Single supplement went up on most cruises and appears now at 150 % for regular suites and 200 % on PH and higher, on 2025 cruises to the Caribbean. That eats up the 30% FCC unfortunately. I am almost certain they will adjust and lower it again during the upcoming months, but for now, that’s what it is. 
That of course is still way better than what other cruise lines offer for single cabin occupancy ( except for those lines which offer one of those super tiny single cabins ).

Edited by mike@sea