Combine MNVV benefits with a TA's benefits on next booking?

lpgm

Hello. I bought a My Next Virgin Voyage deal on board recently. It was my first VV and I booked directly with them. If I use a TA next time, can I combine the benefits (i.e. discount and on board credit)? Or am I restricted to booking directly again? 

1000% Probably. 🙂  There are a few things that are restricted from being combined but for the most part, you can combine offers. Such as the Gold Certified First Mates who can offer you $100 Sailor Loot, that will be combined with your MNVV.  Just reach out to the TA you intend to use and ask. If all is good to go, you simply need to reach out to VV and request the MNVV be transferred to that agent. 

We've been cruising nearly 20 years and have always used a TA. A really good TA is worth their weight in gold. Happy cruising! 

• Like 1

Correct that if you book on your own, you have 30 days to transfer to a TA....but I'd suggest you just use a TA from the beginning.  Look for a TA who has a gold rating with VV, meaning they have the highest level of training, and I won't deal with a TA who hasn't cruised at least one of the ships.  If you are a first timer, your TA may have MNVV certificates that can be transferred to you as well as having some special programs that may give you extra loot.  In addition, my TA rechecks all of her bookings when new specials come out to see if a cancel and rebook can benefit any of her clients.  Reaching VV Sailor Serices by phone can be a pain--let the TA wait on hold to meet your needs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisingdeb1050 said:

I usually never use a TA except for cruises because they can get you extra OBC or sailor loot.  I am not sure but I think you only have 30 days to transfer to a TA.

Actually, as with everything else VV, they do the TA transfer differently as well. You can transfer your VV booking to a TA right up until Final Payment. Doing so allows you take advantage of any extra Sailor Loot or whatever else the TA can offer. 

• Like 2

My logic is that there is no downside to using a TA from the beginning.  I booked my first VV cruise on line myself because my TA was not available and I didn't want to risk the deal I've found from filling up or whatever.  I didn't need to have worried at that time.  But there were some issues with the on line booking and I needed to call sailor services.  I can certainly book on my own and I know what I want....but I don't see the point in doing the work myself and then transferring to a TA.  They are getting a commission; I'll let them deal with VV from the beginning.  THey have separate phone numbers and portals that we can't access, letting them get things done more efficiently.

And, when sailing a new line or new ship (admittedly the ship issue means less on VV as all the ships are essentially the same), a TA who knows the product is a great value in making sure you have the right line and right ship for your preferences.  I don't choose to keep track of all the various "classes" of ships on some of the lines, but very much know what I want in a ship.

• Like 2

OP, this can be done, as long as you transfer the booking to your agent.  The latest *published* info is: Yes, Virgin Voyages will gladly transfer a reservation to your travel agent within 30 days from the creation date when a reservation is not paid in full.

Can you do this with a MNVV?  Answer is again, Yes.  My source on that is that I have done it myself, transferring to myself.  It's been a few months, though.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 12:58 AM, Don Kehote said:

OP, this can be done, as long as you transfer the booking to your agent.  The latest *published* info is: Yes, Virgin Voyages will gladly transfer a reservation to your travel agent within 30 days from the creation date when a reservation is not paid in full.

Can you do this with a MNVV?  Answer is again, Yes.  My source on that is that I have done it myself, transferring to myself.  It's been a few months, though.

Still true @Don Kehote  Love your name btw.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:58 AM, Don Kehote said:

Actually Virgin Voyages will transfer you booking to a travel advisor at any time so long as you have not gone past the final payment date. Yet another thing VV does differently and is super cool. When you do that with a Gold Certified First Mate, you will automatically get $100 Sailor Loot added to your booking if you have a Sea Terrace or above. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1