Can I purchase specialty Dining Package on the Ship

catbro

I'd prefer to use my OBC to pay for some additional specialty dining instead of purchasing on line and having to pay for it directly. Does anyone know if they will be offering 2 meal specialty dining packages to purchase onboard upon embarkation? If so where do I go to purchase it?  Will be sailing on Breakaway. Thanks

Can't answer your specific question, but FYI, the 2 extra meal upgrade for $82.80 per person is cheaper than the 2 meal package for $118.80.  That might convince you to save your OBC for something else.

After digging around for awhile I found this  (Scroll to the bottom and open Terms and conditions!!!)

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

...In part: 

Specialty Dining Packages (SDP) are available online for pre-sale or onboard during the first two days of the voyage. SDP is not available on 1 and 2-day sailings; On 3-day sailings, SDP is for sale on day 1 only. No refunds available if not all meals are used. SDPs are personal (per person, e.g., 2 guests cannot share 1 SDP meal) and non-transferable (guests cannot give their SDP meals to someone else).

Edited by ggTexasGal
Sorry hit save by accident before completing
  • Like 1

The new Ts&Cs are interesting. When we were on the Escape, they said we could use one person's SDP meal in places like Food Republic, order the four items that were covered and share them between us. We found that four items were enough for both of us, so we got to try that out twice.

I also see that now they don't list Bayamo as a restaurant that allows the SDP. That was one of our favorite specialty restaurants, and one of the best we had seen on any NCL ship.

Having said all that, I would agree that it's better to buy the two extra SDP meals in advance if you can. I believe you can buy onboard as many SDP meals as you want, and they get incrementally cheaper (going from 5 to 6 adds only $15-20 to the total, from what I recall). It's about the best deal they have, unless you get extra free SDP meals with Latitudes status 🙂

Thanks, I saw that offer and agree its a better deal. But I will have $350 OBC that I don't forsee using on anything else. We already have the upgraded beverage package and I'm not interested in the overpriced spa services and pushy upsell involved. Ideas welcome.

49 minutes ago, catbro said:

I'd prefer to use my OBC to pay for some additional specialty dining instead of purchasing on line and having to pay for it directly. Does anyone know if they will be offering 2 meal specialty dining packages to purchase onboard upon embarkation? If so where do I go to purchase it?  Will be sailing on Breakaway. Thanks

Yes you can add a package onboard

You can not do the Free at Sea upgrade onboard. 

Edited by BirdTravels

3 hours ago, MkeCruzn said:

I read the T&C for specialty dining. It does say Seafood restaurants but does not specify. Since there is Bayamo and Adoma or something maybe it covers both since they differ on the various ship. Hoping that is accurate. I would be really pissed if it was not included. Thanks for the heads up.