Solstice Dining Questions

poohbear8

I have Select Dining on Solstice. (I had no choice when I booked)  Awhile back I realized I could make reservations, so I did for every day at 5:45. If I don't show up, is there a penalty? Do they bill me? I am looking at excursions and wondering if some days we should cancel since we might not want to rush back for dinner. If I don't have a reservation time, do I just show up and wait for a table like a regular restaurant or go to the buffet? 

I looked at my paperwork and didn't see anything about a no show charge, but I thought I read it somewhere much of my research. 

Celebrity is not strict about dining times. I have seen people with a reservation wait in a longer line to get served than people who don’t have one. If a reservation gives you peace of mind then make one but I have never seen a need for them. So if you have anytime dining there is nothing to worry about, if you go when they are slammed there might be a little bit of a wait but that’s the worst that will happen. 

3 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

if you go when they are slammed there might be a little bit of a wait but that’s the worst that will happen. 

Plus, they give you a pager whose range extends all the way to the bar!

We were only given a pager one time and that lasted long enough to order a glass of wine before it was time to head back. 

Select dining means show up when you are hungry. You can always cancel the reservation and go later if you find you are not hungry at that time.  I never waited more than five minutes for a table, but larger parties may wait a bit longer.

On 9/3/2023 at 11:56 AM, dacsmom said:

Select dining means show up when you are hungry. You can always cancel the reservation and go later if you find you are not hungry at that time.  I never waited more than five minutes for a table, but larger parties may wait a bit longer.

On our last cruise, the wait for a table was about 20-30 minutes each night. We normally arrived between 7:30 and  8:00.