Hotel Bakoua

TXGREG

Has anyone taken the ferry over to Hotel Bakoua recently? How often does it run?

Are you able to access the beach and shade at the hotel? Are there day passes or other fees?

Looking for any and all details,  TIA.

• 4 months later...
On 9/2/2023 at 12:29 AM, TXGREG said:

Has anyone taken the ferry over to Hotel Bakoua recently? How often does it run?

Are you able to access the beach and shade at the hotel? Are there day passes or other fees?

Looking for any and all details,  TIA.

Were you able to go there?  We are on Enchanted Princess and will be in Martinque on Feb 12 and this looks like a place we would like to go.  We like getting a Day Pass at a beach.

47 minutes ago, RosemaryNJ said:

Were you able to go there?  We are on Enchanted Princess and will be in Martinque on Feb 12 and this looks like a place we would like to go.  We like getting a Day Pass at a beach.

If not reply received then consider https://www.clubmed.co.uk/r/les-boucaniers/y

Contact direct for space availability and current pricing for one’s date.

On 1/14/2024 at 12:41 AM, TXGREG said:

Our cruise is in March so we have not visited yet.

We are on the same cruise.

Yes, we have been to Bakoua many times via ferry.

When you get off the ship, the ferry and ticket booth is on the right hand, backing the ship. Very close, walking distance. I do not recall the ferry times but I remember it was quite often.

Previously the Bakoua let people sit on their beach, then they started charging $10, then they had different areas for different guests.

The last time we went, we had lunch at the Bakoua's restaurant. It was a great experience. I will try to find my posts where I reviewed it.

•  

We visited Martinique on the Celebrity Equinox in the end of October. We have been there many times before and have always loved it.

This time we first walked around town. Most stores were closed. Some restaurants and cafes were open or opening up since this was early on in the morning. The local guides informed us that most will open for lunch and if we keep walking past their McDonald's we would come to something like a restaurant/cafe row. We will try that next time.

We walked to St Louis Cathederal and there was a Sunday mass going on. The mass was in French. It was great hearing a mass in French and not quite understanding but feeling one with the people. After that we walked around a bit, looked at some historic buildings and browsed around a grocey supermarket which was quite "up to date".

We then walked back near the dock and got on to the noon ferry for Trois Islet. The ferry was packed like sardines. It seemed like an "Equinox exclusive ferry" LOL.

We got off at the Marina and walked around town there. Love the ambiance of that town. More things were open. Lots of cafes and restaurants, lots of tourists. Most stores that I asked at accepted US dollars. We walked up to Hotel Bakoua and to use their beach. We have had great memories at the Bakoua. We then had a delicious French lunch buffet at their terrace restaurant. They had a lovely Caribbean band and people were dancing. The views from the restaurant were excellent. Had a great relaxing day. Then back to the ferry."

There were local guides for help, and all types of tours can be booked right at the port.

Edited by Arzeena